VII

They've only known each other for twenty four days, but that didn't stop Addison and Logan from forming an unspeakable bond

   They've only known each other for twenty four days, but that didn't stop Addison and Logan from forming an unspeakable bond. They've seen each other for twenty four days straight. The two are best friends, as if they've known each other their entire lives.

    Addison can't help but smile at the day they first met, and Logan's promise to her. Although everything he has done isn't even related to Christmas, she will always associate those memories with the famous holiday. And now, on Christmas Eve, she is more than pleased to say that she enjoys Christmas.

    Logan watches Addison as she stares at the falling snow. He smiles and crosses his arms. His family adores her already and they've never even met her. Logan adores her. Everyone in her life has to adore her. How can they not? She's amazing.

    "What're we gonna do today?" Addison asks, turning away from the window. She stands up and stretches. The day is gone and evening is slowly setting. She catches Logan staring and blushing lightly.

    "We could get drunk," Logan suggests, and Addison rolls her eyes at him as she walks toward him. Logan perks. "It's a serious suggestion. I know almost everything about you, except your family and how you act when you're drunk." Addison's smile falters for a moment before she recovers.

    "What do you have to drink?"

-

    They're swaying to a Hispanic artist, both drunk. Their Christmas Eve consisted of laughter, jokes, drinks, and pure happiness. The presence of each other is enough to make either of them happy.

    Addison makes a sly comment about how sad the song is, but Logan only nods and continues to sway. Their bodies move in sync and Addison cannot prevent the smile from forming on her face.

     Logan stumbles a bit, and Addison lets out a breathy laugh. He would be embarrassed if he were with anyone else, but it's her so he makes a silly noise and recovers. Her hands find his neck and she smiles at him. Logan's thoughts get caught in his mouth, at the tip of his tongue. He drowns them out with a grin. Addison pulls him closer and leans against him. Logan thinks she might kiss him, but instead she places her head on his shoulder. He mimics her actions and together they sway.

    "Perfect," Addison whispers, so soft and quiet Logan almost didn't catch it.

    Logan nods. It can't be more perfect.

    But eventually, the song fades, and so does the moment.
-
edited by the great @solitarypathways! myself and my readers can never thank you enough.

-edited by the great @solitarypathways! myself and my readers can never thank you enough