chapter two

DOMINIQUE COULD BARELY KEEP HER EYES OPEN as Maleficent did what every old villain did best, monologuing

DOMINIQUE COULD BARELY KEEP HER EYES OPEN as Maleficent did what every old villain did best, monologuing. She was lucky that Jay was next to her so she can lay her arm to keep her balance. But it wasn't her fault that all she could focus on was him.

Jay and Dominique grew up together, with their fathers getting along quickly once they arrived at the isle, thus making the two kids fast friends. Though they did start their friendship when Jay took Dommi's pretend tarot cards from her and she spent the whole afternoon trying to get them back.

But as they got older, Jay only grew up to be more and more handsome which kept Dominique hopelessly entranced by him. Though she did get jealous whenever he flirted with girls on the isle.

It was times like these when she really envied her best friend, Jasmine. Carlos was madly in love with her and she didn't have to fight for his affection because she always had it.

With her mind filled with endless amounts of doubt, Dommi turned her attention back to the debate being held with Mal and her mother.

Auradon? Dommi questioned in her head, Why there?

"I can't stand girly princesses so count me out." Dommi rebutted as Mal chuckled beside her, nodding her head in agreement.

Evie sighed dreamily, "And perfect princes." She stopped fantasizing when her friends shot her a judging look. "Ew."

Jasmine smirked, "I doubt the royals will appreciate mine and Jay's stealing." She and Jay share a laugh with each other.

Carlos speaks up in worry, "I heard they have dogs in Auradon. Mom says they're rabid pack animals who eat boys who don't behave." Just as he muttered his fear, Jay sneaks up behind him and lets out a taunting bark.

The De Vil boy jumps and immediately goes over to Jasmine, she sweetly intertwined their hands, while also hugging his arm.

"Down, boy." Jasmine playfully scolded while smacking Jay's forehead.

He winced at the smack, "Hey!"

Dommi laughs while poking his side, "What a baby!"

____

Maleficent urged the kids to follow her back to her now worn down old castle that was not the scary architecture it once was. This was the "hangout" for the kids' parents, where they usually ranted about the good old days and trained their children on how to be truly evil.

As they entered the main parlor room, Jas took notice of her father who stood to the side. He was sharpening one of his many hook hands, because according to the Captain, the hook must be so sharp you can cut yourself just by looking at it.

Then there was Dr. Facilier, crazily trying to recreate the voodoo gift he was had that was painfully stripped away due to Tiana and her slimy frog prince.