chapter seven

JASMINE COULD ONLY SNATCH THE COOKIE FROM CARLOS' HANDS

JASMINE COULD ONLY SNATCH THE COOKIE FROM CARLOS' HANDS. He had taken the love spell and now it seemed as if he would be forced to fall in love with her.

"What did you just do?" Jasmine asked, chucking the cookie in a nearby trash can. Would this affect their relationship? Is he going to turn into a love sick zombie like Ben?

Carlos looked around skeptically, "I don't feel any different."

Jasmine raised an eyebrow, "It didn't work on you? But how..." The spell worked in about a second with Ben, why was Carlos somehow different?

After putting two and two together, Carlos lets out a genuine grin and sighs in relief. "Of course it didn't work!"

"Um I'm sorry, are you happy that it didn't work?" Jasmine crossed her arms in offense. "It worked on Ben, why didn't it work on you?"

Carlos quickly grabs Jasmine's arms and pulls her in for a soft kiss. Jasmine widened her eyes at another one of his bold moves but eventually melted in and wrapped her arms around his neck. She pulled away first and couldn't resist letting out a loving smile.

"Because I'm already madly in love with you." Carlos whispered, kissing her lips one last time. Jasmine could feel the rising blush setting on her cheeks.

Jay didn't seem to see his best friends' moment and called out toward Carlos, "Dude, let's go! It's time for the game!"

Carlos could only look at Jasmine one last time with a charming smile and pressed a kiss on her forehead. "I'll see you after."

Jasmine felt weak in the knees, never was Carlos that bold and smooth, not that she didn't like him when he was awkward and cute. But this, was another level and made her feel butterflies.

"What the hell just happened?" Jasmine whispered, holding her warmed up cheeks.

"Was it me or did Carlos just eat a love cookie?" Mal asked, walking up to a stuttering Jasmine.

Jasmine smiled goofily but nodded. "Yeah, but it didn't work." Her voice seemed like she was in a daze."

Dommi softly slapped her friend's forehead, "Earth to Jasmine! You're also down bad, baby girl."

"What do you mean it didn't work?" Evie poked her head into the conversation.

"He said it was because he's already madly in love with me." Jasmine recalled and bit her lip. So this was what being on cloud 9 felt like.

Dommi and Evie squealed in excitement, this was something they had been waiting for since the girls were 8.

"I don't know about you guys, but I'm ready to go yell at guys getting tackled!" Jasmine cheered and the girls started walking along with Lonnie toward the tourney field.

___

The score was 2-2, and it had been Ben and Jay who scored the points while also dominating the game. Jasmine's eyes scanned the field for Carlos but they dropped when she noticed he was on the bench, he hadn't been on the field the whole time.

"Go Jay!!" Dommi screamed at the top of her lungs, and right next to Jas' ears.

Jasmine covered them while shoving Dommi's face away, "Hey, cheerleader! Personal space!"

Going toward the last couple minutes of the game, Jasmine spots Jay happily wrapping an arm around Carlos who seemed to look excited as well. And when he began to step foot on the field, Jasmine cheered in excitement that he was going to play.

"Go Carlos!!" She screams and Dommi rolled her eyes.

"Oh but when your man is on the field, it's okay to cheer." She scoffed playfully and looks away.