Chapter 8: Helping James...

Chapter 8

The rest of the lesson progressed fairly quickly. They handed in their desk work after a half hour and Lily discussed the history of Charms for the remainder of their time. When the bell rang, the students immediately packed up, got up from their seats and walked out the door in a messy line.

Lily shouted some reminders to them as they got out. She caught sight of Harry and her voice caught in her throat. She didn't know whether or not she should call Harry and let him stay for a while. She decided against it in the end, after seeing him disappearing from view.

She told herself to forget it. This Harry is not her son. How many times should she have to tell herself that?

Probably a lot...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Harry trudged alongside Ron as they headed towards the Great Hall. They had just finished their morning classes and he already had enough of the stares and his mistaken identity. Why did he have to look like their dead savior? Every single time they entered class, everyone's eyes would stick onto him. He already told them. And it was cleared up in Charms.

And as if that wasn't enough, their experience in Potions made it worse. Their teacher was nothing but a greasy-haired git. As soon as his name was called for roll call, he leered at him and Harry swore the hair at the back of his neck stood up. The man absolutely despised him, no doubt about that. It was like the man deducted points simply because he existed! He didn't even do anything to him! What was that guy's problem?!

"I hate this day!" Harry growled out as he sat down.

Ron only sighed and gathered some chicken onto his plate. He had put up with Harry's outbursts the whole morning. He was already used to it now. "You know, mate, they'll knock it into their heads by the end of the week. Just wait a bit longer."

Harry, who had been pulling at his hair as he buried his face onto the table's surface, looked up. "I can't wait that long! It's just been a few hours and I feel like I'm going crazy!"

Ron shrugged and took a bite of his food. He better leave Harry to his own devices for now. He was sure he would go back to normal by the time their lunch break is done. He took another glance at his friend and he saw him putting some food on his plate. Good. If he eats, then he'll cool down.

"Ron, what class is next?" Harry asked after swallowing. He grabbed a glass of pumpkin juice and started to chug it down.

Ron pulled out his class schedule and read out, "Defense Against the Dark Arts with... Professor Quirr- Hey!"

Harry stopped drinking and looked at him with raised eyebrows. He still hadn't swallowed the juice though.

Ron pointed to the schedule. "The name changed! It was supposed to be someone called Quirell but now, it says James Potter!"

Harry sprayed the juice inside his mouth onto Ron's face.

"Eurgh! Harry!"

Harry ignored Ron. Another Potter?! Aw, great! Fantastic! The incident during Charms would repeat again.

"Yuck... I'm gonna go get changed... This is so gross!" Ron yelled as he pulled out a face towel from his bag.

Harry smiled apologetically at him as he scratched the back of his head. "Sorry... I'll just wait for you here then..."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Defense Against the Dark Arts was held at the third floor, the same as Charms. Harry didn't know what to feel. He wanted to avoid the Charms corridor for as long as possible until tomorrow but he did not have a choice in the matter. The DADA classroom had no other route but the Charms corridor. Apparently, the classrooms were just located next to other. How convenient...