Fifteen

Hello there, sorry to repeat this chapter and load a new mass of confused readers, but I've come up with a plot, no longer doing this chapter by chapter!

I hope this leaves you excited for the upcoming events :) 

There are a few changes made to this chapter for you to be aware of- I may or may not have added a bit of romance for the two love-birds ;) sorry William & Eden fans XD 

Enjoy~~

I decided to walk in the gardens later afterwards. The air was thick with tranquillity that was so rare to me. I hadn't been in a state of peacefulness as this for a long time before today. I looked around the coiled bushes holding desperately onto the flowers, peeking out from the sharp thick stacks. It seemed odd, out of place from all the feculent, brash grounds that appeared rebelliously uneven with one another.

Back at the school, everything was lurid- too bright and controlling to bear. The girls and the toddlers I became attached to and built joyful relationships. I had to admit, the school was not too bad. It managed to take care of us, our health, encourage the polite behaviour. Just as the world should be, so why wasn't I keen on it?

The trees, without leaves to hold it's hope onto, had perished in the skylight. It was rooted to the dirt, caged to the hard, tarnished ground.

I have no regrets and I am more than pleased to have reached this far. I'm doing this for the girls, setting them free and living a life of their own is my one and only goal. Leaving William, the first man whose caught my attention and why I had left him- it was all for the girls. I would have took him with us. Oh, that would have been wonderful.

But life isn't that just- it's a cruel place where emotions and strength are tested day in and day out. There's no running from it or you'd be foolishly running around in circles. You need to march to its core and fight it. Putting an end to all the negative aspects and finally throwing away the pressure it had sprawled on your shoulders. I would know, I learnt it the hard way after my three rounds. 

Suddenly, I wasn't in such a good mood anymore. As life played its role, I walked to the bench, surprised finding it unsullied and sat, making sure my gown doesn't hit the dirty ground as I exhaled into the air.

I looked to my left where a glimpse of the market was in view, half of it was blocked by the main building, capturing the rest of the scenery. And from the small view, I could make out the rush of footsteps, that splattered in the small puddles on the muddy path. But that hadn't drawn people's attention; they were busy with the grocery to feed their children who were possibly used to salvation.

A problem on top of another was about to rise. I wasn't going to allow that. I sensed a shift of fragment brush past me and was immediately aware someone has made their presence clear. My theory proved correct when I turned to find Ethan- with a shear of weapons consisted of all types of knives all shapes and sizes- coming to my direction.

"Hey," Ethan sat beside me, the rattling of his sheath was heard. "Are you okay?"

I looked towards him and drew a small smile, my shoulders were tense from what happened beforehand. I saw that he was wearing dark, solid, sleeveless clothing, drawing out his muscular chest that would have made Delia weak at the knees. His hair was messy; We were taught that being untidy will not gain us any desire and thus having a hygiene, tidy and immaculate habit is a must. But Ethan was the living evidence that seemed to throw that theory out the window. His broad shoulders and sharp jawline seemed to draw my attention- but not the heart.

"I'm fine." I locked my gaze into his deep ones. "What's gotten you out here?"

Ethan managed a laugh, surpassing the tension between us. "You truly are a strange woman."