Two

We had walked around to particular doors that contain each girl, who would be at The Collection, along with me. William wouldn't stop asking questions about my life here at the school, I tried my best to keep out the parts where I planned for my escapes. I didn't give him too much information, it was personal for me. I needed to have something that only belonged to me, without anyone else knowing. But living in this school, that was almost impossible, I just have to keep this up for 6 more days and everything will go according to plan.

"What about you?" I said, now that I finally convinced him there was really nothing to talk about and that everyday was like a routine.

"Me?" He repeated, surprised at the sudden question.

"Yeah, I mean, you suddenly show up at this school when there's only 6 more days remaining for The Collection." I said. "How did you turn up here anyway, I doubt Miss Audrey would easily allow you to do that, I mean it's never happened before." He looked at me.

"Really?" He said. "Was that why you were afraid of me?"

I turn to look at him. "How did you . . ."

"Oh, nothing, it was just easy to notice." I knew he was trying to hide something, but what, is the question. I decided to drop it, it wouldn't be fair if I haven't told him some things but he did.

"Yeah, that was the reason." I said, sighing. "And you know what?" I said. William looked at me. "I never knew bumping against someone would give me a friend."

After calling the girls downstairs, they had already finished putting on makeup and dressing as soon as hearing William outside the rooms, waiting for me to come out. Some of the girls glared at me when seeing me walking with William. He had his hands in the jeans of his pockets, that somehow made him seem cooler than looking like the ideal man.

"What do you think the announcement is?" I said, trying to ignore the death looks shooting their way at me. I turned to look at William but he seemed distant. He might already know the announcement.

"Something bad." He said. He really did know about the announcement. Who told him? How did he know?

"How do you know that?"

William looked nervous, and his eyes seemed to be fixed on the ground. He seemed hesitant and looked as though he regretted opening his mouth in the first place. My eyes widened at the realisation.

He was working for Miss Audrey.

I knew she was suspicious about me but I wasn't aware that she would hire a man to seek personal answers out of me. My heart sank. She will do everything in her power to make me decide on being principal. I looked back at William hoping to answer my god damn question but he still looked as though he was exposed to the whole world naked. Of course he should feel like that. I thought William was different. I urge the betrayed feeling to back away, and I managed finally. I quickened my steps, so that William would notice I don't want him anywhere near me.

This friendship was over before it even begun.

I was downstairs before I even knew it. I was too absorbed in thinking. The girls came down, shocked that there were now more men downstairs than ever. On one part of the room sat 2 men, who were crowded by girls all trying to sit next to them. On the other stood 3 men who had a glass of wine in their hands chatting whilst looking at a girl who had wore tight clothes, showing her figure.

This seemed like a night club I've heard the news mention a couple of time. Miss Audrey is going way overboard. I heard someone press a teaspoon onto the glass a couple of times. "Girls, girls, calm down." Miss Audrey said. She looked at me and smiled. "You came down late, and I was too excited to contain it." She shrugged and turned to look at the girls who I had called down. I knew instantly she was drunk. "Girls? Ready for the announcement." The girls beamed with excitement and whispered to each other of the possibilities that are likely to be said.