Chapter Fifty-Four

[Kier's P.O.V.]

It's a long while before I notice the small, brown-haired figure deciding to take a nap against my shoulder, and I smile, looking down at her and finding her utterly adorable. As she dozes off, I can hear her mumbling to herself, and her eyes keep jumping open every few seconds as though she's fighting to stay awake.

"Go to bed." I tell her in a low voice. "You look exhausted."

"M'fine...just need coffee..."

"No, you just need to sleep." I mean, it's really damn loud in here, what with Drew spontaneously deciding he needs to dance, and Laurence (who now seems to be feeling much better) obsessing over Demi Lovato, like he has been for a while. The others have managed to magically produce beers from somewhere, and Laurence appears to be cradling a bottle of rum as he wavers back and forth on the spot in some sort of half-arsed dance. Kellen could only ever sleep through this if she were bloody exhausted which, let's face it, she most obviously is.

"No...I'm fine!" She sounds like an arrogant five-year-old that doesn't want to go to bed early for school the next day, which is just...well, it's hardly like me to find something like that adorable, but dammit it is.

"A bed would be comfier than sleeping on top of me, believe me."

"You'd be surprised." She mumbles, flashing me a sleepy grin that I return with ease.

"Kellen." I try to be firm with her, but that smile is enough to have me weakening my approach. "Ugh, fine." I tug her closer, allowing her to close her eyes and get comfy again. I can hear banging and crashing, and glance up to see that Laurence and Drew are squabbling over two CDs. Upon closer observation, I see that they are...

"Oh god. Demi Lovato and Hannah Montana?" I state with mock-disbelief. In all honesty, I expected this out of them already, they're always like this when Laurence decides to tug the rum out.

"An epic battle...only one shall win." Quincy smirks. "It's like Star Wars..."

"The force is strong in you, young padowan." Drew sniggers. "But not strong enough to withstand my attack; taste my squishy foam fury, bitch!" Just like that, Drew turns around and grabs a stray nerf gun from the cluttered computer desk, and proceeds to shoot Laurence - only to discover that Laurence has his own much larger gun, and a huge cheesy grin on his face to match.

"Mine is bigger than yours..." Laurence says in a patronising sing-song voice, before firing the gun and yelling in a crazed victory cry as Drew flops to the ground, still clutching his Hannah Montana CD.

"Everybody's is bigger than Drew's." I grin, and everyone laughs - well, apart from Kellen, who's dozed off, Olli, who's still pretty upset, and Drew, who's looking at me like I'm the devil. "Fuck, Drew, the way you're looking at me you'd think I'd just admitted to shagging your mum or something."

"Kier! God! Don't!" Drew grimaces. "Don't give me that image!"

"You got an image?! Sick bastard!" Steve laughs. Drew looks utterly disgusted as he lies on his back on the floor, grimacing and groaning at the thought.

"Kier, you sick little shit..." He whines, and I smirk, before hearing a little whimper. I glance down to see that Kellen is fast asleep, but is gripping my shirt and whimpering into my chest, looking terrified despite the fact she's sleeping.

"Kellen?" I shake her gently, but she doesn't wake up, and I gulp, panic choosing this moment to surge through me. Shit, she's not waking up. She's not waking up!

"Kellen?!" I shake her slightly more frantically, and then sigh with relief as she stirs, turning her head and opening her eyes slightly to look up at me.