Caught in The Rain

"Go Dawn!," Ash yelled out, "you can do it!"

Brock was out getting food for tonight's dinner, so Ash decided to help Dawn train for her upcoming Contest in Hearthome City so she could win her next ribbon. Today, Dawn decided that she wanted to perfect the Countershield, an attack while defending at the same time move that her and Ash created. There was one problem that was stopping Dawn from perfection, and that was Piplup. Dawn and Piplup have been working on the Countershield for a while now and Piplup can't seem to do it. He's always getting dizzy where he ends up passing out.

"Alright Piplup, Dawn yelled, let's try this one more time, jump, spin, and use bubblebeam!"

Piplup did everything he was told to do; however, he got dizzy and fainted. Dawn ran up to Piplup and cradled him in her arms. Dawn started to shake and tremble.

"We'll never get it right, Dawn said as a tear rolled down her face, "I knew I wasn't cut out to be a coordinator."

Ash heard what Dawn had said and immediately ran over to her side. He hated to see Dawn cry. The truth was that Ash had feelings for Dawn which was surprising for such a dense boy.

"Don't say that Dawn," Ash said as he put a hand on her shoulder, "You're an amazing Coordinator, and it'll take Piplup some time to learn the move."

"The Contest is tomorrow Ash, how can we manage to perfect the move!," Dawn shouted.

"Dawn, calm down, I'll help you and Piplup, just please calm down!," Ash called out.

"You just don't get it!!," Dawn yelled as she took off running into the woods.

"Dawn!," Ash yelled as he took off running into the woods after her.
                     ~
Dawn kept running until she couldn't run anymore. She decided to sit down by the side of a river and try to calm down. She couldn't hold back the tears any longer, so she let them all out. Dawn froze when she heard the sound of thunder roar through the sky and drops of rain landing on her already chilled skin. She hated  thunderstorms. Dawn curled up into a ball and started sobbing.
                      ~
Ash started to panic when the thunderstorm started. He knew Dawn hated them. He kept running through the woods trying to find her.

"Dawn!," Ash yelled, "Dawn, please answer me, where are you!"

He never got a response and that scared him. He continued to run until he could see a figure sitting down by a river. He immediately knew who it was, Dawn.

"Dawn!," Ash called out as he ran over to her.

Dawn looked up at Ash with tears still streaming down her cheeks.

"Ash," Dawn whispered, "I'm so sorry."

Ash took his jacket off and wrapped it around Dawn, and wrapped his arms around her.

"It's okay," Ash said as he stroked a strand of her blue hair.

Dawn looked up at Ash and smiled. Ash stared into Dawn's sapphire blue eyes and crashed his lips onto hers. Dawn, shocked by his action, took a second to adjust, but soon kissed him back. They pulled away and smiled at each other.

"Dawn, I probably should've told you this earlier, but I think I'm in love with you," Ash said.

"Well, Ashy Boy, lucky you, I think I'm in love with you too."

Ash chuckled and helped Dawn up.

"C'mon, we should get back, Brock is probably worried sick.," Ash called out.

"Yep, you're probably right about that!," Dawn chuckled.

The two walked out of the woods hand in hand, with smiles plastered across both of their faces.

Hey guys!! Sorry I haven't updated in so long!! I've been pretty busy with Archery and school, but I promise to update more often. Part 2 of Ash and Dawn's goodbye will be posted soon, and I have some good ideas for other Oneshots. If you have any ideas, please, feel free to comment below!! Thank you for reading my fellow Pearlshippers, and I hoped you liked this Oneshot!!

-Pearlshipper21 (AshXDawn)