Chapter 3

Natalie's POV

Chase laid on the bed with a thick wad of bandage around his left arm. Miley was giving him her trademark evil grin.

"No," he whispered in horror. That was her cue.

If you don't want her to do something she does it. Without hesitation.

She pulled out a hot pink highlighter and started doodling something.

"Don't," Chase pleaded.

But Stacie pulled out another colour and said "Wake up!" Wait what?

She came close to me with a smile. Oh god! Not me!

"WAKE UP!" I woke up with a jolt.

Stacie's glorious face shot a large grin at me. I gave her the murderous stare.

She just smiled back saying "Aww! I love you too! But now get your arse up, I wanna go out," in her fake sweet voice.

"Ugh," I grumbled in my raspy morning voice.

Melissa's face was still buried in her pillow. But no, Stacie had to wake me up first.

I took a long bath and sung my heart out. The thing I'm bad at is singing, and guess what, the thing I do the most is singing. When I put on my clothes my mood fairly improved. But my face wore a big smile as Melissa threw a carton of orange juice.

"You make my day!" I said.

Melissa was like "Gee thanks!"

"I was talking to this," I said holding up my drink.

"Yeah right," she replied in a bored tone.

***

Sundays are bliss. My buddies and I were loitering around mindlessly. Melissa looked like she was in pain. I mean, everyone would look like that if they were forced out of their bed at 7o'clock on a Sunday morning.

"Such a beautiful day!" Stephanie exclaimed too cheerfully. I smacked the back of her head and she protested by flashing me her awful pout.

"I'm bored," Miley whined.

"You're bored because no one's fighting," Melissa told her blandly.

"True that," I agreed.

The distant ring of church bells brought an all too familiar smile on Miley's face.

"Race you there," She swiftly challenged and went speeding away. We all pursued her guffawing hysterically (Might be the effect of too much sugar that we had that morning)

We stood in front of the huge marble church catching our breath. The church was decorated lavishly for a wedding.

The arch of the entrance was adorned with pastel pink and cream white roses. They looked lovely of course. They crept up the thin metal. Besides light music and other decorations, the streets teemed with shiny cars and the sidewalk was crowded with people dressed in tuxedos and gowns. Indications that a wedding was about to take place.

"You know I just saw 'The Wedding Crashers' yesterday," Melissa said with seeming irrelevance.

I saw her and she was grinning like a Cheshire cat. I raised my eyebrows and she nodded in confirmation.

"Why are you smiling?" Stephanie wondered.

Stacie uttered an "Oh" of realization and Miley having caught on already was all for it.

"I am always up for an adventure!" Miley exclaimed.

"You mean another insane plan," I clarified.