chapter eight.

*comment for the next chapter

The house was now quiet as I sat completely alone. this wasn't the first time that I've stayed home by myself, but it was first time that I've ever been in this situation with Sev. Jamie had recently left filling my head with nothing, but the positives when everything had been looking down. ding, my phone buzzed gently shaking the kitchen counter that I sat near. Kareem's name shown above the message that he had just sent me. He wasn't my focus at all right now honestly, but my mind wouldn't let me avoid him for some odd reason.

"Are you home?"

Squinting my eyes at his message, I didn't know whether to reply or not. he wanted to come over? or did he just need something?, but whatever his need was I couldn't turn him down after tonight. He was there for me, and even drove me home, and I've never known another who would do something like that for me. The only right thing I felt to do was reply, that was simply enough.

"yeah, why? everything decent?"

Pressing send I took a deep breath locking my phone sitting it on my lap. I wasn't anxious about it..just curious as to what he needed, or was he going to at least help with Sevs bail, but I highly doubted that, that was the case. After just a minute my phone buzzed indicating that he'd text me back right away.

"lmao decent? but is it okay if I stop by?"

The comment he had made, made me crack a smile. My dysfunctional family was breaking me, and maybe this was he right thing to do.

"i guess you can."

Hesitatingly pressing send I stared into space. This could be a big mistake, but it could also turn out decent. It was strange being home alone knowing that this is what it would be like for a while until my mother came home, and until sev was freed. Maybe I needed company, this wasn't how a sixteen year old was to spend her days. Depressed, and boring. Moments later little thuds hit my room window. I could hear them all the way from the kitchen that's how quiet it was. slowly lifting myself from the chair I sat in I made my way to my cold room, my string strapped shirt didn't help the keep me warm at all. the closer I got to the window the more goose bumps appeared on my body. raising the window up his figure stood with hands deep into his pockets. The screeching sound of the window caught his attention as he snapped his head in my direction. "are you going to come up?" i questioned him. He only nodded without saying a word, he usually came through the window, but this time he only stood there strangely. "would you rather me open the front door or?.." I trailed once again he only nodded making his way toward my door. tightly shutting my room window I made my way to the living room door opening it slightly to see him standing there his body slightly turned away from the door. "are you okay?" i ask curiously. "..yeah." he respond nonchalantly. fully opening the door he stepped in quickly, the cold air hit every part of my body. as soon as he was in I quickly shut the door locking it. "what's the problem reem?" i ask before turning around. he gently removed his hoodie from over his head. my eyes widen, "..kasey what the hell are you doing here!?" I whisper embarrassed. He lifted his shoulders in the air.  "I needed to be around someone my age for once." he grinned innocently placing his hands in front of him. "so..kareem really wasn't the one texting me?" I ask squinting my eyes at him. Kasey tucked his lips "right, but he had company over, and it's always awkward being the third wheel." he explains. "so I hope it's okay if we hang out," the corner of his lip raised into a little grin before he made a pouty face. "Kareem has company?" I asked shifting my weight to my right leg folding my arms over my chest. Lifting his hoodie over his head I could see his eye glance my way, yet he didn't say anything. There was a five second silence before he squinted his eyes at me "Look, I'm being a badass sneaking out to see you Miss Charlie," he says to me in a joking manner "so how about you focus on you for once instead of worrying about others." he finished before mocking my stance. "-and by others I really mean Kareem." He chuckles, and he had a point. Sighing, I closed my eyes for a brief moment hoping that I didn't regret this. "..you're here now." I try to take his advice, but curiosity always gets me it was burning me inside. without asking me he went to the living room turning our little box television on. "..we, we don't have cable.." I state honestly as he raises his eyebrows, I parted my lips trying to come up with an excuse as to why we didn't, but it was simply because of the bills. "I mean we had it..so this it recent." embarrassment starting to burn me a little. "okay then. what are we going to do to pass the time then Charlie?" he grinned at me before walking to our kitchen he open the fridge, and scrunched his nose. "You sure are making yourself right at home aren't you?" I asked jokingly, but really I didn't want him taking a personal tour of house, it wasn't as clean as it should be. "all you have is orange juice really?" He shut the fridge, and began searching through our cabinets. "that's sevs favorite drink, but you're more than welcome to leave, and buy you a different drink at the pantry down the street." he shut the cabinets, and made his way toward me. "I see what you doing," he squinted his eyes at me, "you're trying to get me to leave." He smirked. I couldn't help, but chuckle at his serious face. "No seriously that was not my intentions, I'm actually enjoying your goofy company." I beamed his way. His fingers reached out, and gently pinched my cheeks. "you're so cute when your enjoying yourself too." He flashed me a bright smile. I could already feel my cheeks heating up. There was an uncomfortable silence as we glanced at one another. "well, you want to play some uno?" he asked pulling the deck from his khaki jean pocket. "of course I would like to play, but don't cry once I win." I boast in a humorous matter. All kasey did was nod with a quirky smile on his lips. I lead him to our living room where we played uno for a good two hours. He won some rounds, and I won some rounds.

         Soon hours passed, and kasey had fell asleep on our living room floor. The deck of cards laid scattered out all over, and the living room table had been placed against wall so that we could have more room. It felt like a iceberg throughout my house, and heater was broken with sevs promises to fix it, but now that wouldn't be for a while. I stood stretching my body out in the process carrying myself to my room. I grabbed two blankets for the both of us. Kasey looked too peaceful to move, I laid the cover over his still body, and walked over to the couch where I rested my head for the night.

This chapter in my opinion is horrible because honestly I feel like it was rushed. I'm trying to re-edit all of my chapters, and I promise this will be one, but kasey, and Charlie? And sorry for the late update :/