chapter ten.

*comment & vote for the next chapter please.

"That was my first kiss." I explained to Jamie brushing my fingers across my lips. "i know Charls, that's the billionth time you've told me today, but you're gonna act like Kareem didn't just tell you that Johnna was pregnant," she started before i interrupted her. "Jamie, he's grown! that shit between them isn't any of my business." inhaling a deep breath I exhaled it slowly. "I think it's time for me to focus on myself." I stood walking through my little kitchen. It really did bother me that Johnna was pregnant, but I knew that it would only hurt me more if I got myself involved. Reaching my bedrooms door, I turned the knob. A cold gush of air suddenly hit me. I realized that my window had been open, but I didn't remember opening it at all. Stepping closer to the window my bedroom door suddenly shut, my first instinct was to run, but cold hands softly gripped my shoulders. "Charlie, hey." i looked into the eyes of Kasey who stood with a grin on his lips. He stood over me as his breathing slowed down. "Kasey, you do know that we have a door." I whispered, he squinted his eyes at me before dropping his hands from my shoulder. "Of course, but I seen that you had company, and I didn't want to get you into trouble." he tucked his lips. We glanced at one another briefly before there was an unpleasant awkward silence. In that moment I could tell that we were both thinking the same thing, that kiss. He fiddled with his thumbs before parting his lips, but nothing came out. "did you forget something? is that why you're here?" I finally asked looking him in the eye. "No," he whispered before placing his palm on his forehead "I came to apologize for yesterday," he paused looking down so that his eyes could meet my own. "I didn't want you to feel like I was pressuring you." My cheeks felt heated, and my palms became clammy, and all I could think was did he really feel that bad? "oh, it's okay." is all I could think to say. He folded his lips before nodding his head nervously stuffing his hands in his pocket. "...well, i found out some nice news," he smiled lifting up. "We're close so I thought you'd might like to know that my moms flight was delayed," he paused to see my reaction which was delighted. "Im staying longer than I thought." i was lit up with excitement, but didn't want to fully show it. "That's great Kasey!" I smiled leaning in for a hug. He firmly wrapped his arms around me, I could feel them hesitantly slipping down my back onto my waist. As he rested his palms there, I could feel my body cringing, becoming very tense. I believed he caught on because he quickly let me go. "...lets go on a walk or something." I said with my lips partially pursed. "Sure." He responded looking at me, he eyes drifting into a daze.

He waited for me near my bedroom window, I peaked through a crack that was left in my door to see Jamie sprawled out on our little comforter with her hand resting on her noticeable baby bump. After shutting my room door completely I grabbed my jacket from my closet door handle, and slipped it on. I then put on my boots, Kasey climbed out first leaving me in my room. I lifted myself off the rim of the window before jumping, I ended up on my knees. "woah!," he snickered, "Charls, you alright?" he found it funny, and honestly it was. He reached his hand out to help me up, I gently grabbed it, and brushed myself off. "It's was that funny?" I mocked his laughter as he shook his head in defense. We were now on our way. The rocks beneath our feet crunched each time we made a step. My hands were were stuffed deeply into my jackets pockets, and my head was down. I could feel the weather changing, the air was warmer. "We have board games at the house," I turned my head into his direction, "we could go play some, I've never lost a match of connect four." His voice playful, and competitive I couldn't help but giggle. "You really want to get beat?" I chuckled, he smacked his lips. "In your dreams." He touched my shoulder before taking off toward Kareem's house. The last person I want to see, but whatever. I followed him, my hair bounced behind me as I ran the hardest I possibly could. He was so full of energy, as I reached the porch his breathing was normal, I couldn't say the same for myself. I coughed a few times before bursting into laughter, Kasey did the same. He twisted the door knob of the house which confused me a little. "You guys don't lock the door?" I questioned stepping into the house. He closed the door behind him before locking it. "Yeah, but I asked Kareem could he leave it unlocked, I don't have a key, and I wasn't planning on being out that late." He stated. Here I go again with my curiosity, "Where's Kareem?" I asked causally sliding the jacket off of my arms. As he walked to the closet in the hallway he began to tell me. "That bushy haired female," Johnna.
"-Came over, raising hell about something, I'm not sure what." As he pulled the connect four box out of the closet I could hear the game pieces falling all around. I continued to listen. "I guess she had a cold, she kept saying she was sick so I'm guessing Kareem took her to the doctors office right downtown." He didn't know? He looked at me from the hallway, and motion me to near him. "Where are we going? I thought we were playing sorry." I spoke confusingly. "We are, I'm just not sure when Kareem was coming back, and he'd probably raise hell about me having a girl over you know?" No I didn't know. "I don't think he would, he's known me forever." I said confidently. "You really want to take that chance though?" He smiled shaking the box in his hand. I shook my head no, and put a smile on my face before walking his direction.
The house smelled really amazing, and the fragrance didn't leave even when we met the end of the hallway. There was a room beside the one Kareem slept in, I'm guessing the one Kasey stays in right now. He opened the door, and walked inside I followed him. Kasey placed the game on the bed, before walking over and turning the light on. "Well I'm being the green pieces because that's the color of money." He chuckled opening the box. "Then I'll be the blue pieces since blue is chill." We both glanced at one another before bursting out into laughter at how corny we were being.
He set the game up, and we sat Indian style on the floor in front of his bed. Round after round we continued to play. Kasey had won every round except for the one that we had just finished. "Dang girl, you finally beat me." He grinned before clapping his hands, "Kasey, did you let me win or something?" I asked him, but he raised his hands in defense. "No! Never. Stop doubting yourself Charls, you won that game fair, you're too pretty for that." He began to collect the pieces to the game. I squinted my eyes at him before reaching to also collect the pieces. "...what does me being pretty to you have anything to do with me doubting anything?" As if he didn't hear me he continued to collect the pieces. "Charls, you're too beautiful to be locked in a shell you know? You should be more confident." He lectures me. "...you mean be more like you?" I figured that was what he was saying since he was pretty much open about everything. He looked up at me before grinning. "No Charls, I'm only confident, and cocky when I see something I want," he smiled at me. "I remember the first night we met, it was brief, but everything has to have a starting point." he grinned, "It was so strange to see such a pretty girl in the house so I knew that I had to show you that I wasn't shame of being myself," he placed his hands on his lap, I could feel my face becoming heated from blushing. "No lie, I was upset when I thought you, and Kareem were more than what you actually are, and I was so happy once I found out that him and Johnna had a thing going, I seen that as my chance." He smiled. Im happy that someone felt this way about me, but it hurt me that Kareem, the person that I've liked since junior high was becoming serious with someone like Johnna. Thoughts like how he said we weren't anything came to mind, but knowing the truth would probably hurt me. Why was I so concerned? I didn't know. "Thanks." I blushed. This felt like a scene from a movie, and I was the lucky girl to play the leading row, He made me feel good about myself, but I didn't have a thing to say. The awkward silence filled the room, this always happens, it happened too often. I looked down at his exposed arms.
We were alone, the lights are dimmed. The comfortable warmth that I felt between us made me comfortable and willing around him. I now felt more comfortable, Biting my tongue, I was ready to swallow my pride, and just be free with everything. I slipped my hand into his as we sat right beside one another, that instantly caught his attention. His eyes dropped to my lips that were begging to feel his own. His face inched closer to mine as our lips pressed against one another. Slowly his soft lips pecked my own before he pulled away opening his eyes. "What's this about?" He whispered looking me straight into the eyes. I immediately felt embarrassed. "I...I don't know." I stuttered looking down. Kasey looked me in the face once more before leaning in, his lips pressed against mine deeply causing us to both fall backward. He looked at me as we both burst into laughter. Kasey then stood from the ground before reaching his arm out to help me up. "Come on." He whispered reaching his arm out to help me from the floor, I hesitatingly looked him in the face, he looked welcoming. I grabbed his hand as he gently lifted me from the ground. He led me to the bed where we both took a seat. Now we were both anxious for what we were planning to do. I slowly slide the straps of my camisole down one by one finally exposing myself to him. His eyes glanced down briefly before we made eye contact it didn't take long before he nervously did the same with his shirt. Nearly at the same time our bottoms were gone, and we were completely nude. Briefly, we admired one another's bodies. He leaned in to kiss me, I accepted while lying back. He made his move on top of me as my nerves begin to kick in. Eye contact made me feel less nervous as I felt him brush against me. He softly kissed me before pressing himself against me, his actions made me flinch. He instantly stopped.
"Am I hurting you, do you want me to stop?" he asked softly,  I shook my head no. He kissed my forehead, and we carried on until the night ended.

I needed to update!!! so I did. Please excuse the errors, and things. Leave comments!!! Those help me update sometime, how do you feel about Kasey and Charlie?