Chapter 16. Can't help falling

"Woah...You.." Megan said with her jaw dropped.

I looked down at the ground embarrassed.

"You look badass. Fang and claws and shit." She finished. Her comment made me look up as she gave me a small smile. She picked up her bag off the carpet floor, "Well I'm done packing so when are we gonna head out?"

I cleared my throat still being hot from what just happened between us, "Right now, we can stop at my house, talk to my mom for a second and grab some clothes."

I had to think of something gross, Hhmm maggots, and not look at Megan at all for my
claws and fangs to intrude back into normal form.

I could tell Megan was looking at me, then I heard her laugh , "Okay we'll let's go, before I throw a silver spoon at you or something."

~~~

We walked in and once again I saw Adam (if you remember he is my 'protector'/father figure) with my mom laughing. I walked in into the living where they sat, as Megan followed right behind me.

"Hey guys." I said looking to see what they were watching on the tv, that sat on the entertainment center, absolutely nothing, they most've just been talking and laughing. Adam was a handsome dude, and most of the time very nice, but I don't know if I was comfortable with him hanging with my mom like that, even if he was like a father to me. I guess if my mom is happy I'm happy though.

"Hey Sky! And ... I don't think we've met." said Adam standing up holding out his hand.

Megan gladly shook it "I'm Megan , Skyler's friend."

"Adam. Nice to meet you." He smiled using his charm.

See, charm is another power us werewolfs have. It's like when you see a puppy and you can't help but immediately love everything about it. We have the powerful to make anyone and everyone like us, unless it's another werewolf ,and it helps us get what we want. Yet you can turn it off like a switch , if taught correctly. I usually don't use it because I like to know people like me for who I truly am.

I turned to my mom "Hey mom, can Megan and I go on a road trip today and come back in the morning. I was thinking we could stay at a hotel or something over night."

She looked like she was thinking about it " I don'-" I switch on my charm and looked her in the eyes, "Okay yeah sounds like you too will have a lot of fun. Just be careful on the road." She picked up here purse which had been near her and gave me money out of it. "This should help with the hotel cost."

"No mom, you don't have to do that." I said.

"I'm your mom , I want to support you mentally and financially."

I nodded knowing if I kept going she would win, and I took the money.

I then turned off my charm and looked at Megan and whispered in her ear "You should talk to my mom to get to know her more, I kinda have to talk to Adam privately before we leave."

"Okay." She said.

~~

"What did you wanna talk about?" Adam asked.

"Okay this might be awkward but I want to know why it's happening....."

"Go on..."

"Every time I'm with a girl and we start to get.." I chose my word carefully, " intimate my eyes turn yellow, and sometimes when it get really... intense...my fangs and claws come out."

He chuckled "That's very normal Skyler, see most people don't worry about the eyes because in my past experiences all my partners loved my eyes when that happened. And for fangs and claws , just don't go to fast, slow it down a little , most of the time that's what the person your with will like more anyways."