Chapter 2

It was a boring old rainy night again. You were with your sisters, Grace and Annabelle, in the television room watching the boring old news again since you both got grounded from watching ABC 4 kids and ABC3.

"This is boring... I want to watch ABC 4 Kids," Grace whined. Suddenly, a new story appeared on the news.

News Report

It has been believed that an ongoing La Nina has occurred in (your state) for the past few weeks and we are trying to find an answer to it. Scientists have been doing research on water samples that they have captured and still, no answers were to be found. Meteorologist's and a few scientist's were attacked one day by a mysterious creature that stole the water samples and the information. They believe that they saw a mutated-human-bird but there was no evidence in the feather that it dropped.

The news then showed a video of the creature attacking the people. It stole the sample and flew out the window. You couldn't see what it was but it was something grey but... white at the same time. It did look like a human-bird but it wasn't exactly. It then showed a picture of the feather and you almost sprayed the water out of your mouth.

"That is the most purest feather I have ever seen in my whole entire life! Well, apart from a Cockatoo (it's a bird from 'Straya(Australia))," Annabelle remarked.

"What was that creature? An angel?! It looked like an angel!" Grace shouted. You rolled your eyes as the story changed to a recent robbery in the local bank. There was a sudden knock at the door. You suspected that it was one of your neighbours, like always.

"Coming!" you shouted as you skid down the hallway. You slowly opened the cold door-knob to see two of your neighbours. A lady and a young boy around your age. The lady was wearing a load of floral stuff like a flower crown and a flower pattern maxi dress. She wore some flower earrings, rings and bracelets all around. She had very long blonde hair that came to her ankles and wore some green sandals. She held a flower umbrella to. The boy was very Goth. He had a black jacket zipped up and the hood pulled over his head mostly covering his eyes and nose. He wore black denim jeans and had his hands in his pockets. He had earphones plugged into his ears with the cord leading to his pocket in his pants.

"Hello are your parents here?" the lady asked and to be honest, she sounded thirteen. You nodded your head and led them in.

"Mum! We've got visitors!" you shout out. You mum comes and she greets them.

"Welcome Victoria and... um... who must this young man be?" she asked.

"Patrick..." he replied. You looked at him like he just gave you amnesia.

"Sorry Mrs. (L/N) for the interruption but can I talk to you for a bit?" Victoria asked. Your mum nodded her head as she walked to the bedroom. Patrick followed them but was stopped by Victoria.

"Pat, I need to talk to her in private. Why don't you go ahead and play with (name)?" She asked him. He gave a sigh of defeat and turned around to you. She closed the door behind her and all was quiet. He walked over and sat on the couch horizontally therefore hogging the whole couch. He brought out his phone and started to play games.

"Okay Grace! You were with the last guest so Annabelle, it's your turn!" you told them as you started to leave the room, hoping that you would not be hanging out with this Goth and the lie did the trick.

"(name) it's your turn!" Annabelle spat back as she and Grace raced to the room before you and locked you out.

"Great..."

"Got a problem? Everyone does," he told you.

"Dude, your inside. You can take off the hood now," you informed him.

"You seriously want me-"

"It's impolite," you cut him off. He sat vertically in the middle of the couch and turned his phone off. He sighed and slowly took off his hood. He pulled out the earphones out of his ears and looked up at you. He had pitch black hair that was messily done and pale skin. The part that surprised/scared you the most was his eyes. They... they were...

RED!

"Patrick... y-your eyes! T-they're RED! What the heck is wrong with you!?" you shouted at him. He immediately threw the hood over his face and ran over to you. He covered your mouth so you would stop panicking and screaming.

"Will you be quiet?!" he whisper shouted at you. You gave him an evil glare and pushed him away from you.  He sat down again.

"Why do you have red eyes?" You asked him.

"Why do you ask so many questions?" He asked you. You spread a wide grin across your face.

"Why are you so goth?" You asked.

"Why are you so girly?" He spat back.

"Why do you want attention?"

"Why do you GIVE me attention?"

"Why do you play on your phone so much?"

"Why do you even care?"

"Why do we hate each other?!"

"Why are we even doing this?!"

"IDK!" You shouted at him. He gave you a weird look. You gave him an unimpressed moan and crossed your arms.

"I Don't Know?" You explained.

"Am I the last person on earth to find out?" He asked. You got scared.

"How old are you exactly?" You asked. He shrugged.

"Um...," he said. You weren't dumb. He doesn't know his age

"Aren't you getting hot in that jacket?" You asked. You had at least five heaters going in the house.

"No," he said blankly.

"If your really that hot, take off your jacket," you told him.

He took a deep breath and slowly took his hands out of his sleeves and then he took it off his back revealing...

Oh god...

Black wings...

You almost passed out but fell to the ground with your back against the wall.

"W-what are you?" You asked quietly. He covered himself with his wings and brought out his phone again.

"... So... That just happened?" You asked.

"Oh (name), why are you so 'dumb' and 'gullible'?" He asked. You looked at him with disgust. You absolutely hated him.

"E-excuse me?" You asked him in a rude manner. He quickly threw his jacket on and stood up as the door opened.

"(Name), Victoria is going to pick you up tomorrow okay? Your going to her house for a bit while I do an urgent business meeting alright sweetie?" Mrs. (L/N) told you but you couldn't hear her.

"See ya' (name)... I guess..." Pat shouted out to you. You ignored him as you closed the door.