Chapter 6 : Nougat Crunch

"Tuhin," my sister came towards our seat, smiling like a maniac.

"Hm?" I looked up from my Economics homework. I needed to finish this if I didn't want to get thrown out of the classroom.

She furrowed her eyebrows at the books and notes lying in front of me on the table.

"Since when did you become such a nerd?"

"Since you decided to stop playing the role," I deadpanned.

"I'm not a nerd," she snapped.

"Says the popular nerd with glasses."

"Tuhin, I'm going to - "

"I swear Tuhina, if whatever you called me for is not more important than this, I'll make sure I kick your ass really hard this time."

"Such sibling love!" Ishan commented without even looking up from his storybook.

"Shut up!" I glared at Tuhina as she returned it with equal vengeance.

"It's creepy how you both speak together," now he looked up. "I'll never get used to twins," he added with a shake of his head.

I just bluntly went back to search for features of market economic system in the Eco book.

"Hey Tuhin," I clenched my jaws.

"This better be important," my voice came out in a growl.

God, I needed to keep my temper in check.

"That was scary," Ishan let out a whisper.

"Sorry. What is it?"

"You're scary."

I tried to ignore him. Note the emphasis on tried fellas.

"What is it, Tuhina?"

Tuhina just stared at me from under her long eyelashes.

"You've changed so much."

Why was everybody being such an emotional prick?

"Good that you noticed I've finally hit puberty."

"Can't you stop being so sarcastic all the time?"

"Can't you just tell me whatever it is and leave, like right now?"

"Yeah sure. The Captain is calling you downstairs in the changing room. Hope he asks you to fuck off when he sees you in this attitude!"

Her shocked expression had transformed into an angry one.

A valuable piece of advice : Don't push Tuhina when she's angry. That nerd can wreck havoc when she's mad at someone or something, which was rare, but enough scary.

Hey, I wasn't scared of her! But yeah, I wasn't liking this squabble anymore.

It was evident that anyway I was going to submit an incomplete Eco paper. So without another word, I made my way to the changing room silently.

***

"What took you so long?"

I found several pairs of eyes glaring daggers at me as I pushed open the doors to the changing room.

"Economics homework," I replied to the owner of the voice. He was a strongly built senior, but shorter than me.

"Well, if you want to stay on the team for long, be sure to do your homework from home, that is, where it is to be done."

I knew it was bad to talk back in these situations but I couldn't help it.

"Had to study for Stats classtest today."