Chapter 19

(Y/n)'s POV

~The next day at Domus Flau~

"Welcome back to the 3rd day of the Grand Magic Games! Today, each team will choose one member to participate in the Deep Sea Battle. The team members will race to the finish line by swimming but you can also use your magic to attack your opponents. From Sabertooth, we have Sting Eucliffe, from Fairy Tail, we have Gray Fullbuster, from Demonic Soul, we have Mikashi Suki, from Lamia Scale, we have Lyon Vastia, from Blue Pegasus, we have Ichiya Kotobuki and from Mermaid Heel, we have Beth Vanderwood. All racers to the starting line...3,2,1 go!" Chapati yelled.

Gray's POV

When I got into the water, it immediately turned ice cold so that gave me an advantage but Lyon was also given one due to the fact that we were both ice users.

"Ice make lance!"

He was hit but still got up. The others had continued to swim but luckily, I was still in first place. I decided to take out the weak ones first.

"Ice make hammer!"

Beth was down but Ichiya suddenly smelt his strength potion and became an ugly muscly man. Ugh, I'll never get over the fact that he could just live looking like that.

"Take over! Animal soul! Shark!" Mikashi said before swimming with super speed, which made him in the lead.
"Ice make fish!"

Mikashi stupidly followed the fish Lyon made, leading him in the opposite direction so he was basically out.

"White dragon's roar!"

Ichiya was down. How the hell was I supposed to beat this guy?! Suddenly, I felt my magic power boost up. I glanced at (Y/n) and noticed that she was focusing her magic energy on me. I somehow got dragon slaying magic and decided to try it out. (Y/n) knew this so she made a commotion so no one could hear my attack and find me suspicious. I have to thank her for this, I couldn't have asked for a better girlfriend.

"Ice dragon's roar!"

Lyon was down. Sting and I were racing to get the lead. I couldn't lose now.

"Ice make floor!"

The ocean turned to ice, making him slip so I took this chance to cross the finish line.

(Y/n)'s POV

I'm glad that he won, I knew that he could do it.

"Fairy Tail is the winner! In first place is Lamia Scale with 28 points, in second place is Fairy Tail with 22 points, in third place is Demonic Soul with 20 points, in fourth place is Blue Pegasus with 18 points, in fifth place is Sabertooth with 15 points and in last place is Mermaid Heel with 6 points."

~At night in the bar~

"Hey (Y/n), can you come with me for a sec?" Gray asked.
"Sure."

When we reached the lake, I was left speechless. It was beautiful. There was an iced lake that was illuminated by the moonlight. Billions of stars hung overhead in the night sky.

"Did you do all of this?"
"Yeah..."
"Thank you."

He held out a pair of skates. We were skating almost the whole time. It was so fun. I sat down after getting tired before he pushed me down so that I was lying on his chest. He wrapped his arms around me.

"Goodnight, princess."