Music of the Lost: The Participants

Hey people's! :) Don't forget to message me about who you want Mizuki, Daisuke, Hino, and Hana to end up with. Enjoy!

Chapter 3: The Participants

Lili smiles and disappears in a wave of fairy dust once he agreed to let Mizuki sing in the competition. "Achoo!!!" Daisuke sneezes loudly. "Ugh, seriously?" he mutters softly, earning giggles with the three girls in the room.

The door clicks softly, and the four of them turn to the blue haired boy that Hino met earlier. "What are you doing here?" he asks stiffly. "I have reserved this room for the rest of the day."

"Ah! Gomen!" Hana says immediately, bowing low. Daisuke sighs and walks up to his sister and pats her head before turning to the mystery boy.

"Oi! Could not scare my sister like that? Seriously, lighten up."

The boy says nothing and walks in with violin case in hand, "I can't afford to lose precious practice time."

"Neither can we." Mizuki states bluntly, staring at the music student. "We're all in concours you know."

Apparently, the boy didn't know because of the shocked look on his face. "So you two are the General Education students chosen?" he whispers incredulously. Daisuke raises an eyebrow as Mizuki replies.

"Is that a problem?"

"No, but this still is my practice room so I would like for you to leave." he replies firmly.

"Hm," Daisuke hums, walking out with Hana and Kahoko right behind him. The boy had pulled out his violin just as Mizuki was closing the door.

"Nice violin, I hope you can make music with it." Before the stunned and enraged boy could reply, Mizuki had already closed the door. For some reason, the dude rubbed her the wrong way. There was something about him that made her want to slap him. Shrugging, she and Kahoko walk back to the Gen.Ed. Building to get their bags. As they walk past the double doors leading to the Gen.Ed. Building, they hear a group of girls taunting a young first year. The two of them recognized her to be Shouko Fuyuumi.

"What a disappointment. The school chooses a lousy first year with no particular talent to play. Such a shame." says the leader of the posse, her magenta hair in large ringlets. Fuyuumi-chan stutters nonsense when Kahoko steps in front of her.

"Hey! You have no right to talk to her like that." she snaps angrily. One glance at Kahoko's violin makes the girls realize who she is.

"You're that Gen.Ed. Student who got chosen!" hisses lackey number one. Kahoko steps back at the venom of the sentence. Mizuki sighs quietly from behind her. 'She seriously needs to think before she opens her mouth.'

"Well, why don't you play us a song right now, Miss Gen.Ed?" asks the leader tauntingly.

"Ooh! Please do! This will be a great scoop for sure!" a girl with wavy blond hair says excitedly. Kahoko is about to protest when the girl leans towards her. "Don't you want to put these girls in their rightful places?"

"Yes, but. . ." Kahoko begins, trailing off. Mizuki steps forward, coming to the rescue.

"Don't you know that tuning and warming up on the violin takes time?" she asks stiffly. "Kaho-San just got this violin today for the concours so she is not used to it yet. If you have a bone to pick, pick it with me."

"And who are you?" snorts the leader angrily. The blond haired Gen.Ed. Student whips out a notepad like a true reporter.

"Yukimura Mizuki, the other Gen.Ed. Participant."