Music of the Lost: Practice Practice Practice

What's up peoples! I hope you enjoy the chapter! As always, I don't own anything except the Yukimura family. :o)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 4: Practice, Practice, Practice

"EEEEEEHHHHH!!!!!" Kahoko yelps staring at an excited Amou.

"Yeah! Isn't it great! I felt bad about how I just kind of forced you to play earlier so I decided to schedule you to play in front of those hags this Friday! That way, you have an entire week to prepare!"

"But, but..." Kahoko stutters. Mizuki walks up to them, carrying her school bag and another briefcase like thing.

"What's the matter?" she asks, tilting her head to the side.

"Hino-san is reluctant to play this Friday. It's just in front of those girls." Amou says pouting. Mizuki ponders the idea for a bit and nods.

"I think you should play, Hino-chan. We've been practicing really hard and to be able to hear that practice in performance would be a great help to you."

"But!"

"Ah!" Mizuki says, holding up her hand. "None of that. I'll help you practice during lunch today. We've got to meet in the music room during break."

"We do?" Kahoko asks clueless. Mizuki and Amou sweat drop at the girl's obliviousness.

"Um, yeah, the principle just announced it a minute ago." Mizuki says, chuckling nervously.

"Oh," Kahoko mutters, very embarrassed.

"Whatever, let's get to class." Mizuki says, waving good-bye to Amou and dragging Kahoko to class.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The morning classes fly by, and Mizuki and Kahoko find themselves walking to the music room. "I'm feeling nervous all of a sudden," Kahoko mutters softly. Mizuki gives her a playful nudge, trying to encourage her.

"Hey!"

The two Gen. Ed. students turn around to see the three girls from yesterday. "Just because Yunoki-sama was there yesterday doesn't mean you're good enough." the head girl says.

"I don't know him!" Kahoko protests panicking.

"WHAT!!!!!" the three girls scream at her. Mizuki sighs and effectively tunes out their explanation of Yunoki and yawns quietly. Kahoko giggles at her friend's "I'm-bored-out-of-my-mind" expression just as the girls finish.

"What's going on?" asks Kanazawa with Kazuki and Azuna behind him.

"Nothing!" the girls say, quickly excusing themselves.

"Idiots." Mizuki sighs as Kanazawa opens the door for them.

"Arigato!" they both say, walking in.

"Oh!" Kahoko gasps, seeing Len near the door and quickly looks over at Mizuki, who is yawning once again. 'Seriously? How can she remain so calm?' Kahoko wonders, sweat dropping.

"Alright, the principle said that I have to meet you at least so lets start with introductions from that end." Kanazawa says lazily.

"I'm Fuyuumi Shouko in class 1-B. I play clarinet."

"Shimizu Keichii from class 1-A. I play cello."

'That's the boy that was asleep on the lawn yesterday!' Kahoko thinks shocked.

"Yukimura Hana desu. I'm in class 1-B, and I play harp and piano."

'Sugoi! She can play two instruments!' Kahoko inwardly gasps in amazement.