Story Time

Part 3

It was early in the morning and Beyoncé knew it when the lights flickered on and then the guards banged on the door. She kissed her cross and rubbed her eyes and then hopped down from her bunk. She woke everyone up and they got up.

She grabbed her stuff and everything for her shower.

"Aye, Kelly you gonna need some real flip flops." She said.

Kelly looked down at the cheap ones she was provided. Beyoncé handed her a pair but took them back before Kelly could grab it.

"Until your commissary come through I'm gonna need your fruit cup." Beyoncé said.

"Cool, it's better than getting a fungus." Kelly said taking the flip flops.

They all went to take their showers as the cell door opened. Kelly noticed the girls that circled her the day before were eyeing her. It creeped her out a bit but it made her stay on her toes.

After they showered they got dressed and went to eat breakfast.

"So what's y'all story?" Kelly asked.

"Who's you want?" Michelle asked.

"It don't matter." Kelly said shrugging.

Beyoncé and Michelle looked at each other.

"Aight then." Beyoncé said. "Go ahead Ms. Dope dealer."

Michelle rolled her eyes.

"Well, it was like this..."

*Flashback*

Michelle pulled up to the school in her black Mercedes. She got out with her shades on and walked into the building. She went towards the the auditorium and raised her sunglasses.

"Mommy!" She heard her son yell running full speed towards her. That brought an immediate smile to her face.

She bent down and picked him up.

"Hey baby." She said smiling. "You had fun today?"

"Yes." He said as she signed and carried him out. "We went over our numbers and stuff."

"And what do you know?" She asked putting him down.

She placed him in the car and made sure he was buckled up. She went in the drivers seat.

"Mommy, 2+2 is 4."

"That's right." She said as she drove off.

"Mommy, do you have to work tonight?" He asked.

"Yes." She said as she noticed his frown in the rearview mirror. "But, I get to spend all day tomorrow with you."

"For real?"

"Yes." She said.

They drove home and Michelle opened the door. They walked in the living room and that's where Michelle's boyfriend sat.

"Daddy, it's you and me tonight."

"That's right lil man." He said. "Go put your book bag away DJ."

DJ went towards the stairs up to his room. Michelle sat down and leaned over and kissed David, her boyfriend.

"Make sure the weight ain't light tonight." He said.

"You know I got it." She said. "You just make sure my numbers are right Mr. Accountant."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah." He said.

"Alright, I gotta go." She said. "I'll see you tonight though, probably around 3."

"Alright, be safe." He said.

Michelle got up to leave and DJ ran towards her. She bent down.

"Bye mommy." He said.

"I'll see you in the morning." She said. "I love you okay."

"Love you too." He said and she kissed him.

Michelle left to handle her business.

She drove up to her wearhouse to make sure her shipment came in correct. After getting everything squared away, which took all night, she drove back home. She walked up to the house and opened the door and it was dark. She walked passed the kitchen and saw the fridge light on. She turned on the kitchen light and there was DJ looking at her.

"What are you doing DJ?" She asked.

"I was thirsty." He said.

"Where's daddy?" She asked.

"Sleep."

She laughed to herself. She picked him up and closed the fridge.

"You can't drink this late DJ because you'll wet the bed." She said leaving out the kitchen.

"Uh uh." He said.

She laughed.

"Yes you will." She said.

As Michelle rounded the corner someone busted through the front door.

"Freeze!" She heard men dressed in swat uniforms scream.

DJ screamed.

They had guns and lights pointed at them. Michelle stayed calm and tried to calm down her son.

"Get down on the ground!"

"Get those damn guns out my child's face!" Michelle yelled.

"Get down on the fucking ground!"

"David!!!!" Michelle yelled.

One guard came to take DJ out of her hands.

"No!!!! Don't you touch him!" She yelled. "David!!!"

The guards pulled DJ from her.

"Mommy!!!!!!" He yelled.

They pulled them apart and had Michelle on the ground. David came from the top of the steps and guns were immediately pointed in his direction. They handcuffed Michelle and lifted her off the ground and escorted her to a squad car.

*End of Flashback*

"So what happened with your boyfriend?" Kelly asked.

"I didn't snitch on him. I took care of the product and he took care of the money on the side. He was also an accountant he just helped out like part time." She said. "One of us had to be there for DJ."

"How long ago was that?" Kelly asked.

"Four years ago." She said. "It was a lot of stuff the DA couldn't prove so I got 5 to 10 but I know I'm getting out for good behavior."

"That's good but how's your son?" Kelly asked.

"He's nine now. Sometimes he'll talk to me over the phone and sometimes he won't." She said.

"Does he come to visit?"

"Yeah but still." She said.

Kelly nodded.

"I think that's enough of story time." Bey said.

"What about your story?" Kelly asked.

"You'll get it later." She said standing.

They emptied their trays and went back up to their bunks.

Comment & Vote!

Yeah, it's short but depending on comments and votes I'll post again later.