Swimming Pools

Part 9

A Month Later

Beyoncé sat in her P.O's office. She waited until they came back.

"Congrats, you have clean pee." They said.

Beyoncé rolled her eyes.

"You still working." They asked.

"Yes I am."

"Good, staying away from certain people and things?"

"Yep."

"Good, see you next week."

"Great." Beyoncé said grabbing her purse and standing.

She left the building happy to finally get out of that dreaded place. Her phone rang as she got in the car.

"Where you at?" Michelle asked.

"It took longer than I thought." Beyoncé said. "I had a surprise drug test."

"They did that shit to me last week."

"I'm on my way though."

"Aight."

Beyoncé hung up and started her car and drove to Michelle's house. Today they decided to visit Kelly. Beyoncé picked up Michelle and they made their way there. After being searched they walked in that familiar waiting room for visitors but this time on the opposite end. They sat and waited.

"This is really weird." Michelle said.

"I know."

Soon Kelly walked in and smiled giving each one of them a brief hug.

"How you been?" Beyoncé asked.

"A lil stressed but I'm good."

"How's your little mini me?" Michelle asked.

Kelly shook her head.

"Sadly fitting right in." Kelly said. "I don't know what to do. I feel like I'm the reason she in here. If I didn't get locked up she wouldn't have got locked up again."

"Don't think like that." Beyoncé said. "We all make mistakes. She just needs structure. You said she ain't never had that."

"Yeah, besides being in juvie and here she do whatever." Kelly said.

"Just make sure she stay out of trouble." Michelle said. "But what about you? Punch anybody in the titties?"

They laughed.

"Surprisingly no. They been real quiet actually." Kelly said.

"But still, watch your back. You got five months left." Beyoncé said.

Beyoncé trusted no one on the inside. She knew the things people were capable of.

"How are you and Shawn?" Kelly asked.

Beyoncé blushed.

"Taking it slow." Beyoncé said.

"Awe, the date you told me about sound so perfect." Kelly said.

"Yeah it was." Beyoncé said remembering that night.

Shawn took her to a cute restaurant in the city. He was such a gentleman, the same man she remembered from all those years ago. He kept her laughing, kept reminding her how beautiful she was and also gave her a gift which was a diamond tennis bracelet for her loyalty. Beyoncé never looked at it as being loyal. She loved Shawn but hated him for going to jail and leaving her to be a single mother. As much as she hated him she never as so much as entertained another man and when Shawn found that out he knew Beyoncé was the one for him.