Inkling Girl X Octoling: Jealousy [Part 2]

"Blue! Come back!"

He continued to run down the street, the tears flowing from his eyes.

Olivia tried to chase after Orange, often yelling things like "I'm sorry!" and, "I didn't mean to hurt your feelings!"

He had eventually ran out of breath and hid behind a bush. He sobbed quietly, imagining a night of fun with Orange. He imagined her saying yes to his offer, then going out and playing turf war until they dropped and the splatfest ended. But that octoling had to change it all...
It wasn't long until Orange found Blue, crying on the ground onto a picture he and her had taken after beating DJ Octavio.
"B-Blue?"
"Orange?!"
He quickly got up and hid the picture of them and wiped his tears.
"Um, what's up? heh.."
Orange sat next to him and started to speak to him directly.
"Look, I didn't know you liked me that way. And truth be told, I liked you back for a little-but then i met Olivia."
He looked at her with somber eyes.
"I'd met the most beautiful person in the world, and had one of the greatest experiences in my whole life. But-"
She stopped to hug him. Tightly.
"Nothing could ever beat the day we beat DJ Octavio."
He started to tear up until he shoved his face into her shirt.
"We may not be a couple, but if we aren't the bestest friends ever-I don't know what we are!"
She looked up and saw him bawling and broke up the hug.
"Calm down man...there are more fish in the sea...trust me. Now come on, we got a Splatfest to win!"

~

Even if things didn't go exactly as planned, all three of them had a really great night. But throughout the night, Olivia kept giving Blue the "I'm sorry" look, but he didn't say anything to her. They had become "friends," and that made Orange happy.

Or so she thought.

After the Splatfest, Blue was sitting at home, filled to the brim with rage.
"She actually liked me...but instead went for...an octoling..." He spoke to himself. "I will get that octo girl... just for Orange. Besides, that octojerk can't mean that much to her... so i'll be the one to answer that..."