Recovery [Inkling Girl x Octoling]

trigger warning; surgery mention, blood mention, knife mention.

Olivia woke up in a bright room, and could barely see anything from her vision. She shifted around, until she found a blurred figure, who she assumed to be Orange. When she shifted to the left, she'd felt a sharp pain in her side.
"O-Orange... is that you? Where am I?" What happened?" She spoke quietly.
Her vision slowly cleared up a little, and getting a good look at Orange again-was she crying?
"Olivia!" Orange sniffled. "I-I though I lost you..."
"What happened?"
Orange had a surprised look on her face, mixing with the redness of her eyes from her tears. "Do you really not remember?"
Olivia didn't know what to say. "All I remember was going to a private match with you and Blue, then getting a sharp pain in my hip."
"Blue stabbed you!" Orange bawled, alerting the others in the room, who Olivia assumed were doctors.
"We were going to a private match with Blue, then he said he had to talk to me in private, but he distracted me with something in one of the Inkopolis shops, then I heard screams from other inklings. I turned around again and you were on the ground, Blue was right by you, holding a blood stained knife, laughing like a maniac! I ran over to you as fast as I could, grabbing my Inkbrush out of my bag, and started beating him with it, so he couldn't hurt you anymore. Multiple others must've called the police, because it hadn't even crossed my mind. I stayed by you the whole time, making sure you were ok."
Olivia was crying too now. "You saved my life, then...I'm so lucky to have someone like you..."
"It wasn't me, though. The doctors stitched you up when you were out cold. I stayed by you the whole time. You were stabbed in your lung, so crying won't help with your breathing at all. You're on an oxygen tank now, though. The doctors didn't think you were going to make it, since it was a last minute lung surgery. But you don't have part of your left lung anymore."
Olivia tried her hardest not to cry, especially after her girlfriend left a little kiss onto her forehead. "I love you so much, Olivia."

The doctors then explained how Olivia would most likely be in the hospital for another week to make sure she could breathe ok when walking and such, but she knew she wouldn't be able to do turf wars for a very long time. It upset the both of them dearly, since the only other person Orange could play with is now in prison awaiting trial. Olivia was crushed, but still knew she could watch others play. But Orange didn't care at all, she could still have Olivia by her side, which was all that mattered to her anymore.

A/N: sorry for not updating in a few years! if you noticed, i changed the title of the book and moved pink x green to a whole other book. I plan on keeping only, orange x olivia here (im keeping the joke smut because it features characters from this and isnt to be taken seriously.) so if your looking for pink x green, go to my other splatoon book. thanks!