chapter 1 - the hunter

12 years later......

"Rose!! Time for school!" My Dad yells to me as he stood in my doorway. I bury my pillow over my head and groan in frustration. It was my first day at the highschool that all my relatives went to when they were younger. And also the highschool that has a bunch of snobby rich people filled in it.

Immediately, I knew I wasn't going to fit in with the crowd because I was different. You see, I believed in werewolves ever since my grandma gave me that red cloak and people think I'm strange because of it. And because I'm obsessed with the moon. She was there for me when I needed her.

My mother died giving birth to me so I treat the moon as if she was my mother. I know that's weird and all but I feels like my mom isn't that far away from me after all. I sit up and rub my eyes as my white hair cascaded down my back. I glare at my Dad who was smiling in the doorway holding a red and white cake in his hands.

"Happy birthday pumpkin," My Dad smiled kissing my forehead and inching the cake towards my mouth. I smile and blow out the orange glow of the flames.

"What'd you wish for?" My Dad asked.

"I can't tell you cause then it won't come true," I laughed jumping out of the violet sheets. My Dad returns to the kitchen chuckling to himself as I swing open the white doors of my closet.

I close my bedroom door and lock it so nobody could seen me undress. I slip out my PJs and dress in a short white dress and some red pumps.

I glance at myself in the mirror hanging on my door. I brush my bangs and straighten my white hair. I was a blonde but I decided to dye it. After I finished my hair, I went to my face. I was paler than snow, literally.

I add some rosy pink blush on my cheeks and apply some eyeliner and mascara on my naked eyelids. Then I smear some bright red lipstick on my lips. And for the final touch, my red cloak.

I dash out of my room and grab my wolf charm bracelet and my bookbag. That's when is spotted my dad looking me up and down like I was a freak.

"When will you ever dress like a normal person?" My Dad laughed as we exited our house. We both sit in the car as my Dad drives me to the highschool. Or should I say prison?

I was so nervous that it felt as if my heart decided to jump in my throat. My hands were shaking so badly and I bite my lip in fear as we arrived at the school.

"Well, we're here. Have a good day at school and don't forget to call me when you get home!" My Dad called after me as I shakily walk into the school.

Students flooded the halls and they all looked at me oddly. I frowned and made my way to my locker before somebody said something to me.

"Room number 272. Where's 272" I asked myself as I glanced at my schedule. That's when a girl approached me. She had dark brown hair and cocoa skin. She wore a black and white striped jumpsuit with black heels.

"You look lost. What room you lookin for, girl?" The girl asked clutching her books to her hip.

"272," I replied nervously. She just chewed her bubblegum and smiled.

"272 is my homeroom too. Its right down this hall. I love your outfit. Oh, my apologies, I'm Violetta but you can call me Violet," The girl explained as I followed her down the hall.

"Thanks, I made this outfit myself. Thanks for showing me the class,Violet. I'm Rosalina, but call me Rose," I replied smiling slightly.

We entered the classroom and everyone's attention turned to me. I froze like ice but soon Violet began to pull me towards the back of the classroom. I sat down in a seat and clutched my books to my chest.