chapter 4 - turning the tables

Riding into the night on Wolf was like I was finally free from everyone. All the people who thought I was crazy and weird. All the girls that made fun of the way I dressed. I was free from my loneliness as I rode into the night.

"You're part of the pack now Rose," Wolf said riding faster. I felt an itching sensation on my ears and the way I sitting started to hurt. I lifted off my hood and itched at my ears before I felt fluffiness.

My ears were covered in fur and my hearing changed. I could hear almost everything. The crunch of the leaves underneath the paws of the running wolves. The snowflakes falling from the sky as the fluttered into my hair.

When turned around to see why my sitting position was painful and I look down and see a big brown furry tail sprout from my tail bone. I gasp and I realized Wolf stopped running in the middle of an open field.

The clouds washed over the moon and I suddenly felt an urge in my stomach and soon I let out a howl. Wolf started to howl and all the other wolves joined in the howling as well.

"Wolf?" I asked stepping down from his back. His face swings towards me and he stares at me with those big blue eyes that I seem to fall into.

"Yes, Rose?" Wolf replied. I sighed and looked up at him.

"Why did you make me part of the pack? Isn't that breaking the rules of wolves or something?" I asked swinging my new tail around and wiggling my ears.

"Yes but I wanted to turn the tables and add you anyways. The Wolf Council won't know because my curse would be lifted by then. But I added you because you're beautiful and kind." Wolf explained and I might've blushed.

"I guess they really don't see the beauty behind the beast," I smiled before winking at him. Wolf just laughs.

"Wait, so now that I'm part wolf, what kind of abilities do I posess?" I asked looking at my black claw-like fingernails.

"Sharpened senses of hearing,smelling,and seeing. Incredible strength and speed. And being able to hynotize people with your howl and changing eye color," Wolf explained pointing to me with his long sharp claw.

"My eyes change colors? Before they were a light blue, what re they now?" I asked as Wolf examined my eyes.

"A beautiful honey gold. It means you're a female. Male wolves tend to have blue or red eyes whilst females have gold or green," Wolf explained.

"Shall we run some more?" I asked looking far away into the dark forest. Wolf shook his head.

"For now, we rest underneath the sparkling moon. We have run enough and we need to rest for the next day to arrive," Wolf explained and he collapsed on the ground. I curled up next to him and he lay on his back.

I crawl up onto his stomach as he wraps his giant paws around my small waist. I buried my face in his grey fur that was always warm.

"Wolf?" I asked one last time. He looks down at me as I look up at him.

"Yes Rose?" Wolf replied.

"Why am I special to you?" I asked filled with wonder as Wolf gives me small smile.

"Because Little Red, you're destiny is to lift my curse and I can be free. Andi appreciate that greatly because you're the only one brave enough to face a beast like me," Wolf explained smiling sadly.

"You're not a beast,Wolf. You're just mistaken. You never asked for this to happen so my fear is resided. I like you a lot Wolf and I'd be happy to lift your curse. But afterwards, we'll be mates, right?" I asked petting his soft fur.