chapter 6 - the return

My legs were numb from the cold and sore from that sharp rock that cut open my leg. Wolf was licking my wound nicely cause that is what mates do. If you mate gets hurt, you lick the wounds until it stops bleeding and heals. I was still unconscious and laying on the ground underneath a pine tree.

When Wolf was fine cleaning the wound, he hovered over me and layed on me, keeping me warm. Tears rolled down his fur and dropped onto my stomach when my eyes fluttered open. I could see the blue sky looking down at me with the smile of a sun.

"Wolf?" I asked stroking his head with my paw. He is startled and sits up hovering over me protectively. I smile softly at him and he smiles right back and hugs me tightly. I hug him back even tighter and bury my face in his furry shoulder.

"Don't ever leave me like that again,Rose," Wolf whispered in my ear. I smiled and crawled on his back. We had three days left until I performed the moon ritual to break Wolf's curse.

"Hey, Wolf?" I asked as he carried me on his shoulders. I played with the fur on top of his head as we walked through the green and white forest.

"Yes, Darling?" Wolf replies looking up at me.

"Shouldn't we, I'd don't know, practice the moon ritual since we only have 3 days left till the full moon arrives?" I asked biting his left ear playfully.

"Um, do you want to?" Wolf asked.

"Well I don't want to mess this up and make your curse even worse than it already is. So some practice may help," I replied letting go of his ear and pressing my head against his.

"Okay. Sounds good. I'm just glad we got away from the Wolf Council and that you're okay," Wolf smiled. I smiled back.

He carries me to a small open area in the forest that was covered in snow and sets me down.

"Okay. So first things first, you're gonna take your claw and cut your wrist and drop 3 drops into the center. Then I'm going to do the same thing. After that, when the full moon rises completely in this spot, you will speak the curse backwards in Latin." Wolf explained. "Then we just hope for the best to happen."

"What does the blood do?" I asked.

"It bounds our bloodlines together to create a bond between mates. Its what you do at wolf mate ceremonies. But it also is used to break a curse or set a ritual of sorts," Wolf replied.

I nod in understanding. After that, Wolf taught me how to say the curse backwards in Latin.

De bono in malum, et malum ad peior,
In hoc homine, I, is to maledictio cast.
Lupus! Lupus! Lupus!
Manent in aeternum a bestia!

I stuttered at first, confused at the pronunciation of the Latin language. But soon I got the hang of it and was able to say it fluently in a short while.

"Okay, so I think were good on the moon ritual, but not on food," Wolf frowned looking at his stomach that was growling. I felt my stomach rumbke as well when I picked up a sound. Leaves and branches crunching. I turned to face the direction of the sound and started to race toward it until I crept upon a deer.

Wolf follows slowly through the woods when I spot the deer walking before eating some berries off a bush. I nod at Wolf and he lunges forward, hitting the deer with his claws and canines.

I smile and walk toward him and we began to eat the deer together like mates would do. I got one half, he got the other half. Soon,after our meal, it was nightfall and Wolf found a dark cave nearby. We nestled in tightly together and cuddled next to each other.