Prologue

Bonnie hugged her dad with all her might before he got in his black truck to work.

  Mom folded her arms in a hug around herself. The cold didn't seem to bother Bonnie as much as it did her mom. Maybe it was because her mom was as skinny as a stick with nothing but bones and skin. 

Dad embraced mom into a hug and she melted into him.

  "So warm," she said. "You're my heater."
Dad laughed and pulled her into a kiss, holding her close.

  There was so much love.
He had just come back from Mexico where he met businessmen and tried to sell medicine and product ideas to them. He was only home for another couple days before he left again and Bonnie wanted to be with him every moment of the day.

  Bonnie ran into her dad's arms again and gave him the biggest hug, wrapping her arms around his neck. She was finally tall enough so he didn't have to pick her up anymore. Bonnie was tall for being a Junior. People used to call her names because she was taller than most boys in middle school, but pretty soon, the boys caught up and she was just average. Bonnie stood at 5 feet and 8 inches since freshman year, and she didn't plan to get any taller.

  "You're such a beautiful woman Bonnie," he spoke softly.

  Bonnie blushed wildly. "I'll always be your little girl Dad."

  He pulled away from the hug and Bonnie felt empty without her dad in her arms. But she dropped them to her sides and waved goodbye as her Dad climbed into his truck.

  She watched him drive down the long street and hoped he'd turn around, forgetting something.

  Minutes later, he received a call from Bonnie, and he smiled as he answered.
"Hey, Hun. Miss me already?"

  "I just wanted to tell you how thrilled I was for tonight!"

  "Yes Bonnie, I'm fairly excited for your famous lasagna tonight," he said, one hand on the steering wheel.

  "I know, it's your favorite Dad," Bonnie spoke into the phone. She had to savor every moment with him. He traveled so often.

  "Haha, it is. I'm almost to work so I'll have to call you back, or I'll see you after school," he told her, spotting the big building.
It was so convenient that he worked so closely. Bonnie would visit him at least once a week and surprise him with some dessert she baked. Bonnie baked whenever she could. She loved pleasing others with her food.

  "Okay Daddy, I'll see you tonight," she said excitedly.

  "Alright bye," he hung up, his face glowing with happiness. He placed his phone in the holster, clicking on the radio to his favorite song, 'Carry On Wayward Son' by Kansas.

  It was nice; the few last moments before it all ended.

He glanced back up to the road from the radio, and his life flashed before his eyes.

A huge Semi-trucks massive lights aimed itself right into his eyes and he lost control of the wheel. He tried to turn right, scrambling to get out of its way. It all happened too fast. He did not have enough time to react, and before he knew it, the car crumbled on his side. Rubber wheels screeched against the street, glass crunched under his bodies weight, and his head was thrown around as his car toppled over on its back.

  The song was nearing the end and everything was silent. He took his last breath and relived memories of Bonnie and his wife.
This morning when his wife and child hugged him for the last time, Bonnie as a baby in his arms after birth, and his own wedding day. Then, he saw black.

A/N: Would you keep reading after this prologue? Let me know in the comments. Honesty, please!
And I know that he has a lot of grammatical issues but I'll do my very best to fix them. Please leave things I could fix in the comments also.
Thanks~
Liz.