Chapter 5

A/N: Hey! It's Friday, and you know what that means ;) my new chapters published! Check it out. ^_^

Darcy. Her name repeated in my mind for the next hour when we were playing badminton in gym, when I went to History, and even when I drew in my notebook.

Her face seemed stained in my mind like red wine on a white cloth, never washing out or going away.

I drew several versions of her in my notebook. Goth Darcy, with wild hair, nose piercings, and chunky black boots. Popular Darcy with long blonde hair that was curled in bouncy waves, bright pink lipstick and tight dresses to show off her curves. And normal Darcy with her sarcastic t-shirts, her black rebel jacket, and her ripped black skinny jeans. Her sense of style was definitely different. She was punk, relaxed, and nerdy all at the same time.

I walked down the staircase in the senior area, coming from AP biology, and to the lunch area, throwing my backpack in the pile of backpacks by the lunch lines. I remembered I was going to eat a salad for lunch but my stomach rumbled and I spotted the back of Stella's head, her auburn hair glossy and perfect as always. She was talking to one of her popular friends named Liliana, and I looked towards one of the line guards and as she turned away, I ducked under the rope that kept people from budging. I looked at the people behind us and they didn't seem to mind so I shrugged it off and tapped Stella on the shoulder. She turned around and instantly smiled. "Hey! I've missed you all day."

"I know, I'm so mad we don't have any classes together," I whined to her. I glanced at her friend, Liliana, for a second and she crossed her arms, giving me a nasty glare. I guess she was mad I interrupted her 'important' conversation. Whoops, my bad. "No," Stella gave me a confused look. "We have pre-calc together in sixth hour. Pull out your schedule." She turned towards Liliana and she handed Stella a piece of crinkled white paper out and scanned it.

"I already memorized all my classes and teachers so let me see," I took the paper from her. Liliana coughed, trying to get Stella's attention but Stella just ignored her. I gave her a little grin.

I took Stella's schedule and looked for sixth hour. I moved up the line as other teens walked forward and I traced my finger across her paper until I found the class. Her sixth hour read pre-calc with Mr. Rieben and I sighed with relief. "Thank god, I thought I was going to be all by myself in that class. It's going to be torture." I handed back her paper and she folded it up and handed it back to Liliana. I guess you could say that Stella was 'the pack leader' of some of the popular girls, but I wouldn't say she was the most popular. Maybe I was holding her back. I was on the low ranking of popularity with girls. But I didn't think Stella minded; I had been her best friend since kindergarten.

"Can you move up please?" Liliana asked with an obvious fake smile. I looked in front of me to find a few feet between the next person in line and I. "Of course, your highness," I snarled. Be nice Bonnie.

Liliana's eyes grew wide and she bawled up hands in fists. Stella pinched my arm and I nearly bumped into the person in front of me. "Ouch! What the hell!" I seethed. Stella gave me a look and nodded her head towards the still angry Liliana, waiting for an apology. I sighed and pretended to care about my apology. "I'm sorry I said that, it was so wrong of me." "Yeah, it was. Watch yourself next time," Liliana snapped. I wanted to punch her face in and Stella could tell because she grabbed me by my shoulders and spun me around to face forward. I was grateful because I could've gone at an all out brawl with Liliana, and she was ready for me to because she had a fierce look in her eyes, just asking me to come at her.

As we neared the food, my stomach twisted at the smell and sight of the red tomato sauce, noodles, and garlic bread. My stomach felt like it was going to jump out and eat consume every piece of food.