Chapter 8

As we got out of Brandon's truck, I purposely slammed my door to get Darcy's attention. "And why are we doing this?" I asked, rolling my eyes and crossing my arms.

  We walked a little further in front of Brandon's guy friends, to get out of earshot. I recognized some of the guys that were hooting and hollering as we neared the restaurant. Samuel, the blonde that was known for being the class clown and who was a senior at the high school. Ryker, who was the gamer and had asked me if I knew what an Xbox even was when I said I liked to play Mario kart on it. James, who was a superior student, but had a great sense of humor and whom obsessed over cooking. James and I once hung out over a weekend in middle school and just baked and cooked our favorite recipes. And then there was the favorite- Brandon. Brandon with the same blue eyes as Darcy. Brandon, who managed to creep his way into my heart. Brandon, who I might've loved at one point.

They were a very diverse group of friends, but they'd been 'a group' since elementary. It's funny how very different people can get along so well.

As we neared the pizza parlor, the smell of hot cheese-----. It was as if the familiar smell of a 275 calorie piece of pizza danced inside of it, teasing me- taunting me.

  "Well, one, I'm hungry, and two, I didn't want to go alone with those hogs," Darcy said, jabbing her thumb back to the boys that were eyeing us.

  I caught James giving me a sly look.

  We reached the front door and I grimaced as we walked in, my legs feeling a little wobbly. I tried to balance myself but it felt like I didn't have enough energy to take another step. I reached out for Darcy but fell into Brandon's arms. His eyebrows were furrowed and his eyes were bright with worry.
"Are you alright?" He bends his head to meet my gaze.

  As soon as I found my footing, I blinked a few times and slightly shook my head. "Yeah. Yeah. Fine," I said, shaking him off. I stood upright and brushed myself off. I was still wearing the crappy t-shirt and I wished I would've worn something more appropriate for dinner. It's a pizza place, Bonnie, no one cares.

  Darcy pushed Brandon out of my eye sight and held my face. Her hands were so incredibly soft that I felt a longing for her to keep her hands there when she dropped them to her sides. She was now out of her sweatpants and into a pair of white high-waisted shorts, paired with a blue and green crop top. This was when I first noticed the large stud that rested on her belly button.

  "Woah, I didn't know you had a piercing," I pointed out, walking with the guys to a sketchy dark spot in the corner of the restaurant.

  I wiped my hands on Darcy's pants I wore, as they were greasy from the door handles.

  "Well of course, what kind of person would I be if I didn't get one?"

  I giggled. "A person like me."

  "Oh, so a girl who's too afraid to get a temporary tattoo?" Darcy teased, as we found our seats at the booth. I blushed at the thought of when she tried to give me one during class, and I refused because I was too afraid that it would be permanent.

"That's called having parents who care about what I do to my body," I snapped back at her.
My smile immediately dropped when I realized that I said parent(s).
"Excuse me. I meant, a parent," I whispered.

  Darcy gave me a half smile and reached out to hold my hand. She laced her soft fingers through my rough and sweaty ones. She didn't seem to mind though, as she kept her fingers laced through mine as we ordered.

  The guys were talking about football plays in college and high school, comparing how different the coaches and practices were. Brandon was telling the guys that they don't know hard college coaches push them, and Samuel was disagreeing.

  They went on about this for quite awhile, until our pizza had arrived. We had ordered three large pepperoni pizzas and they immediately dug in, the grease getting all over their chins.

  I had ordered a garden salad but when the waitress grimaced and placed the wilted lettuce down in front of me, I felt too disgusted to eat it. My mouth watered at the sight of the pizza and it took everything in my will to not to reach out and grab an innocent piece.

  Darcy had scarfed down two large pieces of pizza, and was now staring at me dig my nails in my thighs. She noticed how I hadn't touched my salad.

"Bonnie? Hello?"

  I blinked. "W-what?"

  "You zoned out big time there girl," she laughed, looking at the guys eating the last few pieces of pizza and yet, still discussing football. Was football all ever men talked about?

  Darcy gripped onto my hand and tried to get me to release my tight grip around my swelled and fat thighs. There were marks in the fat sausages, and I felt myself tense up as Darcy took my hand once again.

  But instead of holding my hand again, she looked at the guys again and slid my hand on her thigh. My eyes went wide at her action. I looked in her direction, only to get one of signature smirks and I took it as an invitation.

  I let myself relax and she moved my hand up to the thicker part of her thigh.

  I remember when I first started to like girls. It was in middle school. It was a dare from Stella to kiss our friend Isabelle. I guess Stella thought it was funny, because Isabelle had recently confessed she was a lesbian. But before I could protest, Isabelle grabbed my face and planted the most wet and juicy kiss on my lips.
It was disgusting and pleasurable at the same time and in that moment, I knew that I still needed to discover myself and who I was. But as time went on, all I dated were boys, until Brandon and I broke up, and I swore I'd never date another jerk again. Which consisted of every boy I knew.

  Later that year, I met my very first girlfriend, Maple. She had green luminous eyes that entranced me, and beautiful white hair that cascaded down her back and was always in a French braid. Maple and I grew very close. Not only were we lovers, but we were best friends. That's why I prefer girls. You can be their best friend, and be comfortable around them doing anything.

I knew that Maple would be the one, so I gave her a promise ring and she stayed the night. We hadn't done anything except whisper secrets to each other all night, and hold each other close. Little did I know, that Maple was seeing another girl, and we broke up shortly after I caught her in the girls bathroom with Rachel Rampe, making out.

Darcy bit her lip as I started to trace circles on her thigh, teasing her as best as I could. When the boys finally stopped arguing about college football, I slowly pulled my hand away from Darcy, making sure they didn't notice.

Every part of me wanted to go home with her and snuggle up under her soft baby blue comforter, and whisper sweet nothings like I had to Maple. But Darcy was not Maple. Darcy was... Different.

And that's what I loved about her.