Chapter 6

_____________Your POV____________
After Daichi had finished his laps, Levi had taught you, along with the rest of your team, about the three dimensional maneuvering gear, or for short 3DMG, which took a lot longer, since Mine wanted to take it apart, in order to 'study' it, but afterwards, you were taught on how to put the straps on properly.
Which leads up to what you were doing now.
"This is so much fun, how is this difficult!" You exclaim, as you do all kinds of flips on the pulley system, that was used to see if you could actually hold yourself up on the 3DMG.
"Tch, get her down." Levi growls, as he sends the next person up.
You unclipped the hooks attached to your harness, as you walk up to Levi.
"Good luck Mine." You say, as you walked past her, as she gets hooked up to the pulley system.
You stand next to Levi, watching as Mine is lifted into the air.
You chuckle, as you watch her do a couple of flips, looking as if she was having fun.
"What's so funny, brat?" Levi asks.
"Nothing, I'm just surprised that they're having a good time, true that we still have a long way to go, before we adapt to this kind of lifestyle, but its still nice, you know." You say, as you look towards Levi, giving him a closed eyes smile.
Levi clicked his tounge, before saying, "Tch, its still far from being fucking peaceful."
"True, but compared to our time, its as peaceful as we're gonna get." You say.
"I thought your weren't allowed to form bonds." Levi suddenly says, after a few short moments of silence.
"We're not." That was all you said, before walking over to Mine, who was done with her test.
____________Levi's POV____________
I was left puzzled by what she meant, but my stoic expression, was covering my confusion up.
That was, until Mayumi walks over to me.
"Tch, what do you want?" I ask.
"Nothing, you looked puzzled by something." She says.
"Huh?" I say.
"Your eyebrows are slightly furrowed, not by much though, so it was hard to see the change of expression at first." She says.
My mouth hangs open, as I try and say something, but fail.
"I am a sniper, that means I must have extraordinary eyesight." She says.
"So, what's got you troubled?" She asks, crossing her arms.
"Tch, your fucking captain." I hiss, earning a chuckle out of the woman.
"Yeah, she was confusing when we first joined her team, too." She say, smiling slightly at the memory.
"You see, it takes a very long time before we can know what she's actually thinking." She explains.
"But, what is it she said that caused you to be confused?" She asks.
"I said that I thought she wasn't allowed to make bonds, and all she replied was we're not, before walking away. The damn brat is fucking confusing." I hiss.
"Ah~, that. Well, she has a reason for saying that." Mayumi says, as she looks as Mine and (F/N) talk, which ends with (F/N) laughing, as Mine crosses her arms, and her face forms into a small pout.
"What's the reason?" I ask, emotionlessly.
"Anyone that is a form of a bond, will be killed. She won't admit this, and I doubt she ever will, but she is like a mother that we never had. Though, some of us are a tad bit older than her, she still treated us like her family. We were all each other had, in that time period. When it came to being punished, she would immediately be the one who would take the blame, even if she didn't do it. That's why we respect her so much, we are her family, and she is ours. That's why she said what she said, habit dies hard, and when it comes to creating bonds, when all our lives we were taught that they were a weakness, and should be killed off, she will do everything in her power to make sure that we look like we have no bonds, she does it to keep us alive." Mayumi says, looking back at me.
"So, I'm giving you a warning, hurt her in any way, and we'll kill you without mercy." She said, smiling.
"But-" She continues, giving me a soft smile.
"I doubt that will happen." She says.
"Why is that?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.
"Simple, you two, are way to similar." She says, before walking away.
Hanji was about to walk next to me, and I suddenly say, "You know shitty glasses-"
She pauses, in order to hear what I was going to say.
"I think I just found people who are more insane then you." That as all I say, before walking towards the group of people, the last person, who happens to be Dante, gets down.
"Alright, brats!" I shout, as I walk towards them.
"We are going to practice actually working the 3DMG, so listen closely, I will not repeat myself on how to maneuver it." I say.
They all listen carefully, as I instruct on what part does what, after about ten minutes of a quick explanation, I hand them their own gear.
They all quickly place them on, before I started to walk off towards the woods, where the titan dummies were held.
"Alright, first things first!" I shout, when we reach the woods.
"I want each of you to maneuver towards the nearest branch in order to get started." I say.
They each nod, before launching their hooks into a tree, and launching themselves onto a branch, and landing on it gracefully.
"Come on, Levi! You gotta give us a bigger challenge then this!" (F/N) laughs.
"Tch, fine, kill as many titan dummies as you can in exactly five minutes, remember to not make the incision too deep, nor too shallow, otherwise they'll regenerate." I say.
"Ready!" I began, and they all got into a stance, ready for take off.
"Set.......Go!" I shout, and they all maneuvered around, the sound of slicing is the only thing that can be heard.
After five minutes pass, I call out for them to return.
They each stand in line, as I walk to the first person, who was Daichi.
"How many?" I asked.
"38." Was his short reply, as I go to the next person, which was Mayumi.
"How many?" I repeat.
"42." She says, and I go to the next person, Mine.
"How many?" I ask.
"24" She says, and I go to the next person, Dante.
"How many?" I ask.
"37." He says, as I head to the last person, (F/N) (L/N).
"How many?" I ask.
"54." She says, smiling in a carefree way.
"Tch, next is hand to hand combat." I say, earning snickers from all five of them.
"Are you sure? We can be a bit brutal when it comes to that." (F/N) says.
"We still need to evaluate your skills, so we need to see how advanced your skills are." I hiss.
She shrugs, as she says, "Fine, but don't say I didn't warn you."
I simply click my tounge, before heading towards the training ground, everyone following behind me.