Chapter 19

____________Your POV_____________
After Annie was secured someplace safe, you walked up to your squad, a very serious expression plastered on your face.
"Everyone, we need to talk." You say, catching their attention.
"Why?" Dante asks.
"It serious." You say, as a deadly aura begins to form around you.
Your squad members look at each other, bearing the same serious expression, as Mayumi finally speaks out.
"What's the matter, captain? Usually your never this serious."
You opened your mouth, and began to explain.
____________Levi's POV____________
I was walking past an abandoned room, when I began to hear (F/N)'s voice.
Becoming curious, I moved in closer, being as quiet as humanly possible, and that was when I started to hear the conversation more clearly.
"Mustn't let them know." (F/N) spoke sternly.
"Why not?" The voice of Mayumi says in a hushed tone.
"Because, this is a direct order from your captain." (F/N) said, her voice becoming even more stern.
"What are you guy's planning?" I asked harshly, as I pushed the door open.
All five members of Team Alpha turned towards me, as (F/N) spoke out.
"How much did you hear?"
"Just something about not telling us something. Now tell me, what is it?" I hiss dangerously low.
(F/N) lets out a long sigh, before saying, "Well, can't keep it a surprise now."
I raise an eyebrow at what she said, as I say, "Keep what a surprise?"
(F/N) laughs, as she says, "We were about to throw a small surprise party in order to cheer everyone up, they looked so down. But, I guess it's not a surprise anymore."
"Tch, how do I know your not lying?" I growl out.
"Mayumi, can you grab that?" (F/N) asks.
Mayumi smirks, as she says, "Sure thing captain."
And with that, Mayumi leaves the room, after a few minutes of waiting, she comes back, holding something in her hand.
"What is that?" I asked.
(F/N) laughed, as she said, "Good old fashion jug of moonshine. I made it myself."
"Moonshine? What the hell is that?" I ask.
"It's alcohol, very powerful stuff, it'll make your throat burn." Mine says.
I looked at them skeptically, causing (F/N) to sigh as she says, "Do you want some?"
"Tch, how do I know this its not poisonous?" I hiss.
"I'll take a swig of it, if you don't trust me." (F/N) states boldly, as she takes ahold of the large bottle.
I watched as (F/N) takes off the lid, and takes a swig of it.
"Ahh~, now that's good shit!" She exclaims, as she hands it to me.
I carefully take it, and take a small sip.
A burning pain rips through my throat, as the taste of alcohol fills mouth.
I cough violently, as I managed to say, "What the hell was that!?"
"Like I said, moonshine. It's not for people who can't handle alcohol." (F/N) snickers.
I growl, before stomping my way out of the room.
____________Your POV_____________
You watched as Levi stomps his way out of the room.
"You should've told him the truth, captain." Mine states seriously, as she steps up next to you.
"Mine, these people aren't like us, they are different from us, they have bonds, family members, a purpose in life. We cannot allow them to know." You say, before walking off, leaving Mine to her thoughts.
You walk out of the room, and into the corridor, before passing the dungeon.
You stop mid-step, before turning back around, and opening the door that leads to the basement.
You walk down the staircase, before spotting Eren, in his cell, looking down at his hands and feet.
"What's eating you up?" You ask, causing the boy to jump.
"N-Nothing." Eren stutters.
You let a sigh escape your lips, before saying, "You know Eren, being in my field, you can easily tell if someone is lying just by looking at them, but even a normal person can easily tell that something's bothering you."
Eren didn't meet your gaze at all, and still remained quiet.
"Is it about your abilities?" You finally asked, causing the boy to snap his gaze up at you.
"H-How did you know!?" He shouts.
"Well, a kid like you, probably doesn't have anything other than that to worry about." You say, as you take a seat in a nearby chair.
"So, tell me, why do you feel like you need to worry about those abilities of yours?" You ask, staring at the kid straight on.
He fidgeted a bit under your harsh stare, before saying, "Why wouldn't I be? I could hurt someone if I was in that form, or worse, I could kill the people important to me."
"Eren." You call out gently, causing the boy to lift his head up towards you.
"Do you know what the difference between a hero and a monster is?" You ask.
Eren nods his head, as he says, "Yeah, the hero saves everyone, while the monster kills and destroys everything."
"Nope, your wrong." You say, shocking the boy.
"How an I wrong!?" He exclaims.
"It simple, there is no difference really, in order to be a hero, you have to do things only a monster would do, you have to close your eyes at some of the shit you make, all to profit the greater good and everyone will turn their back to them as well and pretend they never happened, and for a monster, a monster can have the heart of a thousand heroes but no one will ever notice, they will never acknowledge the good because it only benefits them to see the bad."
"But-" Eren tried to counter, but was stopped by you.
"If you deny yourself in being human, then you yourself have given up your humanity. I rufuse to do that however. No matter how much innocent blood stains my hands, no matter how many lives I must end, I refuse to let go of my humanity. Let people accuse me of being a monster, I don't care, becuase the way I see it, as long as I fight back, as long as breath still draws into this body, I refuse to let myself succumb to the will of the monster that lives inside me and hand over my humanity to it." You say before getting up, and heading to the staircase.
But, you stop mid-step, not turning around as you say, "Remember this conversation kid, the next time you have doubts about yourself."
That's all you say, before continuing your way up the stairs, leaving the boy to ponder what you said.