Chapter 25

I watched as Reece waved at two girls who had been screaming his name. When he waved as we walked passed them, the girls squealed and waved back feverishly. I couldn't help but smile at the idea of these girls fangirling over Reece.

Reece looked back at me and my smile grew as I saw him smiling genuinely. It was clear he loved this. He loved people and they loved him back. This was perfect for him, and I was slowly learning to accept that.

"So, how are your parents famous?" I asked, always wondering that.

"My mom was a famous chef and my dad was a wrestler," Reece answered. "I would say my dad was more famous. He was actually on tv for a few years."

"Really?" I asked, surprised. "What's his wrestler name?"

"Pow Wow."

I raised an eyebrow, fighting back my smile. "Pow Wow?"

"Hey." Reece tried to sound defensive, but he grinned. "He actually put the pow in his name when it came to wrestling."

I giggled and tried to recall a man named Pow Wow. Sadly I couldn't, so I shook my head.

"I never heard of him," I said honestly, smiling as the sun began to warm us up.

"Yeah, he wasn't that popular." Reece shrugged. "I'm more popular than my parents combines."

"How did that happen?" I asked, always wondering that too. "I mean, how did your YouTube channel begin?"

"It was actually supposed to be a one time thing," he answered. "I was bored, so I made a video singing. It turned out to be fun, so I made more. As my fandom grew, I then began sharing my ideas with everyone."

"My sister said you rarely make singing videos. Why did you stop if that's what you started with?"

"I don't know." He shrugged. "I'm a decent singer and it's just a hobby. Talking about my opinions makes me feel like I'm actually doing something with my life."

My eyes widened. "You think you're a decent singer?"

"Yeah." He frowned as my jaw then dropped. "Why do you look so surprised?"

"Because you're an incredible singer!" I exclaimed. "Your voice is so beautiful and I could listen to you sing forever. You're insane if you think you're just decent."

Reece broke out into a grin, and the happiness in his eyes had my heart melting. I couldn't believe he thought he was decent. Ever since I found out his secret, I had been listening to his covers nonstop. I didn't think I could ever get sick of them.

"Thanks Cara." His eyes softened. "You know what?"

"What?" I asked, noticing we were almost to our destination - McDonalds.

"People really don't know just how incredible they are." He ruffled my hair. "Realize that, Cara."

I flushed, knowing this was one of those moments where he tried to boost my confidence. Usually I would ignore it, but this time I had to agree. If Reece didn't know how incredible he was at singing, maybe we as people never really knew what we were capable of. Feeling suddenly reassured, I grinned at Reece.

*****

I nibbled on fries as Reece went through his phone. Watching him, I stared at his brown hair that was messy as usual. My eyes then moved to the straight slant of his nose, and then to his jawline. Everything about Reece was just so naturally perfect. I didn't know how I was so lucky.