♔ 26 ♔ Overnight sensation?

enjoy :)

...

Oh yeah, I totally rock. Have I forgot to mention that I totally kicked Ryder's butt in laser tag? He lost so bad.

Which means I won, which also means that that's another thing crossed off my bucket list. For now, all I had to do was:

2. become an overnight sensation
3.  meet someone new (Ryder is considered new, so check)
5. go to a fair/carnival
6. do something nice for someone
9. play volleyball for the first time
11. travel out of state with your best friend
12. get a boyfriend (We aren't dating yet)
14. write a song for someone
15. and graduate!

"Kyra, oh my gosh! Check youtube!" April exclaimed excitedly, jumping up and down on the couch.

"What?!" I asked, chuckling. I don't think I've ever seen her this excited before.

"Just check!" She screamed, before hopping off the couch and walking into the kitchen where my mother was cooking up something.

I picked up my phone from the arm rest and put in my passcode, then went straight for Youtube like April instructed.

My eyes widened and my jaw dropped at the number of subscribers I had. Since when did I have 10,000 subscribers? Last time I checked, I only had 12! Then that's when it hit me.

SOMEONE RECORDED ASHTON AND I SINGING LAST NIGHT & POSTED IT ON YOUTUBE! The video's gone viral!

I became an over night sensation. Number 2 from my bucket list can now be scratched off.

"Oh my glob, oh my glob, oh my glob!" I yelled happily, sprinting off the couch and into the kitchen. "Mom, mom, mom!" I said, running smack dab into her. "Oh.. sorry." I stated, feeling a blush rise up to my cheeks.

Mom chuckled and smiled at me as she stood up with ease. "It's fine sweetheart. Now what's you got all hyper-d up?"

"I'M FAMOUS!" I yelled, shoving my phone into her face. Her jaw dropped, then in an instant she smiled then wrapped her arms around me.

"Wow. I'm gonna have to watch that bideo later, alright? Right now, I'm gonna start cooking lunch." I nodded eagerly and grabbed April's arm as we made our way back up to my room.

"You have a lot to tell me, girl, like, a lot. Now I've heard that you're secretly dating Alessia Cara's guitarist?! Since when?!"

I blushed as I sat down on my bed. "We're not dating.. Yet." I said, suddenly remembering when Ashton said the same thing the night before. "But yeah, we're seeing each other." I explained quietly, feeling embarrassed.

April grinned. "That's awesome sauce! And top of that, you met Alessia Cara? You're so freaking lucky, man."

I grinned. "Yeah. And oh yeah, Ashton and I created a bucket list!"

April looked up at me and smiled. "Really? Hows it coming along?" She asked excitedly.

"Yeah. And it's actually pretty fun, I'm glad that he thought of that idea. He's so nice to me." I smiled dreamily. I really was lucky to have a best friend like him. It's not often that girls have boy best friends that treat you like he does.

"Lucky." April stated, pouting out her lip as she sprawled across my bed.

Time was passing slowly. In just over two months, my deadline would be approaching.

Sadly, I still haven't figured out why I was even diagnosed. What did I even do? I'm such an innocent child, yet I have to deal with something like this. What about all my loved ones? Oh how terrible it'd be to leave them. Especially Ashton, I love him so much. And April, and mom. And dad, and Tara. And Ryder.

I'm only 16 years old. But then again, everyone dies at a point of time, so it doesn't even matter, really. I'd still die anyway.

Though I wish it wouldn't be at such a young age.

I sniffled and brought my hand up to wipe the oncoming tears that were springing out of my eyes as I looked at my family album. I was gonna miss them to freaking death. Even Ashton was in album, since I consider as family.

I smiled sadly at the photo in front of me, a photo of Ashton's arm slung over my short shoulder as we both made silly faces. The next photo was technically the same except it was April instead of Ashton.

I just hoped that this condition, disease, whatever it is, is all just a lie. I'd kill to have this removed. I wouldn't care if I got surgery, I just don't want stupid cancer.

I sighed and sat the album down as my phone started to ring. I grabbed it out of my back pocket and accepted the call, bringing my large phone up to my ear. Darn iPhone 6 plus was gigantic.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hey," Ashton stated. "So you know how tomorrow is the last day before Thanksgiving break?" He asked with eagerness in his voice. Hmm. What could he possibly be up to?

"Uh.. yeah. Why?" I asked, feeling confused yet excited. This boy always had something fun planned for the two of us.

There was a pause. "Because.. We're going to Paris for the week! With Chloe."

My eyes lit up in happiness but my eyebrows  furrowed upwards when I heard 'Chloe'. "Chloe? Who's that?"

"Oh.. yeah. Oops. I kinda forgot to tell you. Like yesterday night I met this girl at the bowling alley. She was so cute-- oh my gosh. Anyway we exchanges numbers and now she wants to hang out more!" Ashton gushed, sounding like a pre-teen girl.

I smiled at the thought of Ashton wearing pigtails and a bright pink dress.

"Awh, Ash. I'm so happy for you!" I really was, the guy had been single for so long. "I can't wait for this trip! Is anyone else coming?" I asked with eagerness. This one talk with Ashton made my troubles and thoughts ho away. How the guy did it would always remain a mystery.

"You can invite lover boy if you'd like." He responded. I could just imagine his smiling like a doofus right now.

I let out an unattractive snort. "Yeah, su--,"

"Kyra!" My mom called, interrupting me from finishing my sentence.

"I'll talk to you later, Ash Ash. Mother is calling me. Hasta la vista hermano." I stated as I stood up from my comfy spot of my bean bag.

Ashton chuckled. "Okay sista. Peace." I smiled before pressing the end button. I stood up happily and made my way downstairs to see my mom and dad sitting on the couch with strange looks on their faces.

"Uh.. Hey people." I stated as I reached the end of the steps.

"Hey sweetie," mom stated with a pretty smile as she patted an empty spot on the couch. I walked over to it and sat down. "I heard you getting all excited up there, what happened?" She asked with her eyes squinted accusingly.

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about the asking part. Well here goes nothing. "Uh, well you see what had happened was.. Ashton kind of invited me to go to Paris with his girlfriend tomorrow. You know, the City of Lo--"

"Yeah, yeah. I know what Paris is. But really?!" Mom asked excitedly. Wow, I thought she was going to take it the wrong way. I thought it'd be an automatic "hell no." from the both of my parents.

"That's very nice of him. But you're only 16. So no." Dad said, popping into the conversation. He yawned and stretched out his arms, then crossed it behind moms shoulders.

"What? No! My.. Friend is coming with me and he's 20! Please dad? He's a legal adult!"

"Please honey? She only has.. a couple months." Mom responded with a sad smile on her face.

Dad huffed. "Fine."

"REALLY?!" I said back, practically hopping up and down in my seat.

"Yeah." Dad stated irritably. Him and Mom were probably going to end up arguing later tonight.

Mom smiled at me. "Well it's settled then."

short short chapter . sorry !