i

michael was beyond excited.

christmas was only days away and pretty soon he would be opening his gifts.

he clutched luke tightly in his hands as he curled up on the couch with a blanket draped over him.

since it was christmas break, he was spending it watching tv. michael absolutely loved watching christmas movies on the hallmark channel. they make him all happy and giddy and he kind of wished he could have a great love like they do in those movies.

more than anything, he hoped that on christmas morning he would get the one thing he truly wished for. it was all he ever wanted since he had received little luke.

michael was lonely. having just turned 17 a few weeks back, he should be hanging out with friends and obsessing over girls and sports. he knew that he was different than all of them, but that was okay because he loved who he was.

he loved that he didn't need to have friends to be happy, or chase after girls who were gonna break your heart anyways. he hated sports. he didn't even really like girls (his mum was okay with that).

when he went to bed that night, michael stayed up a little longer talking to his little luke.

"you're super cool" he said. "and i mean it, because, like, you've never left me and you comfort me whenever. and you don't care if i make a mess or play video games for too long."

yes, he was telling all of this to a toy, but luke was more than just a toy to michael.

"i hope you never leave" michael said softly, cuddling him to his chest. "you are my best friend and you always will be my best friend."

with that, he sighed happily and drifted off into unconsciousness.

but a few nights later, when not a creature was stirring, was a loud thump followed by a confused groan.

"ooh, cookies!"