christmas

"lukey?" michael asked on a snowy day in january.

"yes princess?" luke said, looking up from the picture he was currently coloring.

"you're.. you're real, right?" his voice was hesitant, like he was unsure he actually wanted to ask the question.

luke nodded without hesitation. "of course i am, mikey. i'm as real as you and you parents are, because santa claus wanted me to be with you forever. isn't that what you wanted?"

michael nodded quickly. "of course that's what i want lukey, i was just making sure."

"okay" luke smiled, resuming with his coloring.

-

luke was still with michael when christmas came around again. they spent it together, like they always would.

they sat cuddled up under blankets next to the fireplace, each holding cups of hot chocolate in their cool hands.

michael rested his head against luke's shoulder as he hummed a song that luke wasn't familiar with.

"you have a pretty voice" luke commented. it made michael smile and blush a little.

"thank you lukey" he replied, pressing a small kiss to the boy's shoulder.

their relationship was always different than others. they were friends but not, lovers but not. really, michael was just confused because he didn't really wanna grow up and luke was waiting for him. luke would always wait for him.

"you're so pretty" luke commented again. his face was illuminated only by the fire as michael looked up and admired him.

after saying thank you and blushing again, they settled into a nice conversation.

"do you think that, maybe one day, santa won't want you to be a real boy anymore?" michael said softly, the thought actually scaring him.

luke shrugged and looked down at the smaller boy.

"i hope not, because that means that i'll never get days like this again. days where we can just sit around with each other and talk, or go out places on an adventure. i know that, if santa did return me to what i was before, i would still be with you. but it wouldn't be the same, you know? all my life i've wanted to talk to you, to be able to respond you and hug you when you're sad, and i honestly hope i get to do that for the rest of our lives."

"okay" michael mumbled, looking down at the carpet. "i just don't want you to ever leave, lukey. i love you too much."

his comment made luke grin wildly. he took michael's hand and laced his fingers through it, squeezing it once.

"i will always love you, princess. until the day we return to dust, and even after."

michael was so grateful for his little luke.

A/N: Merry Christmas! welp that's the ending wasn't it so cute

two more bonus chapters coming your way ;-)