1.8

I wriggle slightly, feeling strong arms loosen themselves around me as they wait for me to settle back down again before tightening up again. I jumped slightly when I felt the cold fingertip draw a spiral on my bare back. Ashton's arms tense around mine before his he says in a low whisper, "Did I scare you?"

I hum a no in resonse, daring to peak one eye open. It was still dark meaning it was not near actually waking up yet. School won't be for a few hours.

"You should skip today." Ashton whispers through the darkness to me, obviously deciding that I should wake up now, no matter the time.

"Sorry?" I rub my eyes from the sleep. I manage to open both my eyes and lift my head up to meet Ashton's lazy smile I can just see in the blue tinged dark.

"Skip school." Ashton clarifies. "Spend the day with me."

"Should I?" I frown at him. A voice in the back of my brain is saying that I really shouldn't but it was getting fainter and fainter until it was completely drowned out from the rest of me screaming yes. "That could be fun." I nod my head slowly.

"It could be amazing." Ashton winks at me. "You're so amazing." Ashton says quietly to me. I feel my cheeks heat up so leave a little kiss on his chest to hide myself. "You enjoyed last night, right?"

"Ashton..." I trail off. I couldn't think of a word to describe it with justice. It was more than just amazing and better than fantastic. Nothing sounded good enough.

"It wasn't too," Ashton pauses. "Too cold, was it?"

I can't help but let out a little giggle at his question. "No Ashton." I laugh at him, now imagining his cheeks turning red. "It was just... wow."

"Just wow," Ashton chuckles. "Best compliment ever." He remarks and I don't sense any sarcasm. "By the way don't worry about your mom, she is in a deep sleep."

"Did you sleep?" I ask Ashton, suddenly realizing that he might not be actually able to, because of the whole dead thing.

"I don't sleep." My guess was right then. "I'm a ghost, I don't need to."

"Not even a little?" I ask, just checking.

"There is no need." Ashton then bites his lip. "But you make me feel human, you help me feel. Watching you sleep is make me miss it, so that made me feel tired but not enough to actually sleep, just wish I could."

"Oh," I say softly running my fingers up and down his toned chest. Ashton lets out a soft moan at my touches. I liked having whatever type of control over Ashton right now. After last night I wouldn't mind some control. He moaned anytime I touched him in a new spot.

"It's like," he says quietly. "Your warmth, I shouldn't feel it." He tells me, still enjoying my hands. "But i still do and it feels so good. I think it's just because of being near you and being close to you."

I let out another hum, focusing on Ashton's cold skin under the palm of my warm hands. I then sigh slightly and stop my hands from moving. "I can't."

"What?" Ashton's hand also freezes on my back.

"I have to be at school today." I say with defeat. "You saw how my mom reacted when she found out I skipped a couple classes. Imagine if she found out I skipped a whole day." I also had English last period and had to talk to Luke. I had to explain to him that something has changed. I can't go on a date with him anymore. I don't feel as though I can explicitly say that to Ashton however.

"Oh come on," Ashton drags out. "We could have this big empty house all to ourselves," I could hear him smiling. "We could have a good day."

"Ashton," I shake my head as best as I can. "I can't." I let out a massive sigh. "Tomorrow is Saturday, we have that."