2.4

I had been to parties before and had managed them perfectly okay. This was much more difficult however. It seemed like the whole yea had showed up for this 'memorial' in Jessica's name. It wasn't so much a memorial rather than a bunch of teenagers getting drunk. I wanted Michael to come but he made it pretty clear he didn't want to go to a party with anyone who makes him miserable. I explained that Luke and I would be going but he then said he wasn't going to be third wheel. I think he knows that Luke and I like each other. I haven't said anything to him but I think he gets the vibe.

From the get go this whole ting was just a shitty excuse to actually have a party. If anything I think it was disrespecting Jess' memory even more. To be honest though I don't think anyone who showed up even cared that much. It seemed as tough even Jess' so called 'friends' didn't care that much about her. The amount of times I have heard one of her little group say the word bitch when talking about their dead friends is unreal. Even the guys were saying it. Simon was of course not, but to be fair he hadn't actually showed face. This made a lot of people suspicious. Luke and I included.

"He still hasn't showed up." Luke comes out onto the back porch holding two red solo cups. "He also won't answer anyone's texts."

I lean my back harder on the wooden railing behind me and sigh out. "What is Simon up to?"

"Dunno." Luke mumbles handing the cup over to me. His eyes didn't leave mine. Except for his first day Luke has remained sunglasses free. He told me that his brother had said he probably looked like the biggest idiot ever with them on all day. I laughed when he told me this story but didn't find it so funny anymore when he told me Ashton then broke them to make sure Luke didn't wear them again. I found that kinda harsh, I guess. maybe a bit too extreme. he looked amazing though, Luke that is. He had a white button up on that he originally had a leather jacket over it but soon it was lost at the front door with multiple 'bro handshakes' and hugs from petite girls much prettier than me. Luke might have came here with me tonight but as far as these girls and even some guys were concerned we weren't in the same social circle so I wasn't even with Luke. For a lot of them, I wasn't even here at all. Luke was the only one they cared enough about to greet. He was one of them and I was the outsider. Luke didn't indulge in their petty ways though. I don't think he even spent that long talking to any of them before he was sneaking me out back hear and we had each others full attention.

"Does he not realize how bad this looks?" I ask Luke. My mind was going back to how Michael sad it was always the boyfriend. That couldn't be true in every case could it? Simon loved Jess, I was always led to believe they were totally in love. They pretty much shoved it down the entire student body's throat.

Luke shrugs again putting his cup up to his lips. We were definitely the more sober ones at this party. It's strange because I thought I could only deal with half the people here completely fucked but apparently not. I think it had something to do with Luke. For some reason I didn't feel the need to get completely wasted and have a blurry night that I would never remember. I felt happy without the influence of alcohol. I felt safe around him. I didn't feel out of place or uncomfortable. Everything just felt right. How can I feel that way about a boy I barely know. I didn't even know he existed this time last week, but I feel like I did. It's a weird and scary feeling, yet there was an addiction about it.

"According to the others he has been acting weird lately." Luke tells me.

"Well his girlfriend was murdered last weekend, and he is like the only lead they have." I reply back quickly. "I don't think he would be exactly the happiest and most approachable guy around."

"I suppose." Luke quickly chugs his drink down. He crumples the plastic cup in his hand and drops it onto the porch. Okay, so we may be the most two most sober people at this party but Luke has definitely been one of the heaviest drinkers of the night. I don't know how much he has put back and where he is keeping it. I have seen Michael attempt to drink as much Luke has tonight and he had to get his stomach pumped because of it. Luke isn't even tipsy. However Michael is a light weight and to be honest I think Luke being sober is much better than a completely fucked one. This was supposed to be a date, our first date. it's kind of morbid now that I think about it. My first date with Lucas Hemmings was to a dead girl's memorial party were everyone, including her friends, seemed to hate her.