More Than What Meets the Eye

I gasped breathlessly as I ran towards the underbrush it had disappeared into.

"Whatever you are, please wait! I won't hurt you" I foolishly cried out.

Goatman or not, I was really setting myself up for potential danger now.

Other than the noise of my quickened breathing, not a sound filled the cool autumn air until I heard something approaching me from behind.

My heart rate thrummed through my ears.

Taking a deep breath, I slowly turned around.

A gigantic man stood before me, long curved horns crowned the top of his head, and hair was plastered all over his body.

I slowly moved back in fear, the flashlight automatically dropping from my hands.

The direction of the light now positioned on the lower abdomen of the man, revealing a startling contrast between the lines of goat, and man...

He snarled and kicked the dirt back with his hove before reaching out to yank me back by the arm.

I let out a scream of terror as he pulled me close to him, the clawed fingernails puncturing my skin.

Face to face, I could now see his glowing red eyes- the eyes of a monster.

I struggled against his grip, but to no avail...

At an alarming speed, he began to pull me through the forest with him.