A Revelation

"Is that blood?!" I all but shouted.

He rapidly stumbled across the space between us, ripping me up by the throat.

"G-g-girl... Next." His raspy voice declared.

His voice filled me with more dread than the ominous words he garbled out.

His nails dug deeper into my skin. I fought at his grip, trying to pry his monstrous hands loose.

Tears began to run down my face as I thought about how my life might end at any moment.

Unexpectedly, he dropped me down slowly, leaving me to cough and gasp for air.

"G-g-girl... Next." He repeated.

After making his exit, I wrapped my arms around my legs and succumbed to sobs.

...

When the light had filtered through the cave again, I knew that it must have been morning. And with the return of daybreak, the Goatman made his entrance too.

Without hesitation, he dragged me out, tossing me onto a patch of grass.

"Stay. Leave... Die." He grunted.

I waited helplessly for him to go, whilst glancing around to see where I was at.

There was no way I was going to escape, so I remained. It wasn't worth chancing again.

Not now anyways...

"Hey" A soft voice suddenly called out.

Not recognizing the voice, I turned toward the direction of the sound.

I could see a disheveled man lying nearby me, clutching onto an arm encrusted in dirt and blood.