Forlorn Lands

He continued to drag me with an unbearable force.

I screamed with all my might, lashing out as much as I could. However, after what felt like the longest time, I gave up.

We continued on in silence, my arm going from pulsating in pain to becoming numb from being dragged through the forest for so long.

As if it were possible that he had seen the movie, Shrek, he finally picked me up and tossed me over his shoulder.

Too afraid to protest, I laid limply where he placed me rather than risk being dragged painfully through the woods again.

Perhaps it was due to being traumatized, or I simply went into a state of shock, because I then fell into what could considerately be a deep sleep.

...

I woke up to find myself being thrown to the ground.

I rubbed at my sore arm as I looked around. The Goatman was nowhere in sight.

As soon as I stood up, something quickly pushed me back down from behind.

It was him...

He sneered at me and pointed to the ground.

I dared not to chance moving out of fear that he would hurt me again.

He continued to glare at me for some time, before sashaying away.

He walked toward what looked like a large rocky structure, retreating inside of it.

I stayed where I was on the ground.

'Should I run for it?' I thought to myself.

After what felt like hours of dawdling, I slowly got up and stealthily walked away from the jagged domain, tiptoeing into the woods that he had forced me through.

As I cluelessly navigated the labyrinth of trees, I felt more lost than I ever had in my life, but I continued to think to myself that I would not give up trying to get out of this mess of a situation that I put myself into.

The leaves rustled behind me, and branches snapped obnoxiously.

Reluctantly, I turned around.

"Oh god" I whispered to myself.

The Goatman was headed straight for me.

Knowing that I couldn't outrun him, my philosophy of not giving up quickly turned into surrendering.

I stood perfectly still, waiting for him to approach me.

Glaring at me seemed to be a newfound habit of his, but this time he also made sure to heave out a deep growl.

He then picked me up again, and threw me over his shoulder, going back from whence we came.

When we approached the tower of rocks again, instead of throwing me down on the ground as he did before, he took me inside...