Chapter 9

Tada! Here's chapter 9 :) Enjoy!

New chapter will be out on Saturday next week!

Please vote for this chapter if you still enjoy it though! It would mean a lot :D 

I hope you enjoy it, 

xox 

~ Andrea

Chapter 9.

The rain stops.

During my rest the thunderous storm and torrents of water completely subside, the sun rises, the water disappears.

The ground outside begins to crack.

"Oh my gosh, talk about extremes!" Aysa gasps, coughing as she stands at the doorway to our run down shelter and a cloud of dust hits us all.

I take a few deep breaths and try to regain my strength in the sweltering heat.

"The rainstorm last night...And now this, this drought?! What is wrong with this place?" Calypso croaks, tearing off her jacket and attempting to roll up her thick black leather pants.

These outfits we're wearing, all completely black...They're going to kill us!

I use all the strength I can muster to stand up and walk over to join Aysa in the doorway.

The view outside is a stark contrast to the flooding we witnessed yesterday. The place is like a desert now, the forest suddenly looks very welcoming.

Clouds of dust blow about in the hot breeze and the sun beats down on the hardened ground outside, everything is a desolate shade of yellowy brown.

I turn back and look at Calypso and Greyson, both in the same exhausted state as Aysa and I, even though we all just work up.

"We really should've saved some of that water last night...I'm dying for a drink." Greyson groans, rubbing the back of his neck .

Calypso runs her hand over her forehead to wipe off the sheen of sweet covering it, "Tell me about it..."

I guess we should be better prepared from now on. If we can actually manage to make it through today.

Let's focus on that.

Aysa shakes her head in disgust and steps outside, right into the deadly heat.

"HEY!" She shouts, glaring up at the sky.

"ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL US?! WHAT ARE WE SUPPOSED TO DO?!"

I share a startled look with Greyson and Calypso.

"Is...She...?" I start.

Calypso nods, "Yeah."

Greyson crosses his arms over his chest, "Well, you never know, they might send us a message, it would be nice."

Aysa turns back around on her heels and stomps back towards us.

"Well, that didn't work." She groans, the heat out there is insane.

I sigh, "I'm not too sure they want to help us."

"I wish they would. I'm a contortionist, a circus performer! I'm not good at surviving in these kinds of conditions."

I nod, "I know. None of us are particularly suited for this, but I guess we've got to give it a go. I think we should head into the forest, try and get out of this heat and find some water. What do you guys think?"