Chapter 10

Hey guys! Sorry for the terribly long wait :)

Hopefully that will never happen again!

But here's a new chapter! I hope you enjoy it :)

Don't forget to vote and comment!

xoxo ~ Andrea

Chapter 10.

"Holy...How did you guys find this?" Calypso asks, staring down at the pool of water in front of her. Once we'd found a small river, I'd pulled a few large tropical leaves from one of the plants nearby to carry it in, at least for the time being.

Greyson and I smirk.

"Talent was involved." He admits.

Aysa takes the other leaf and tips it up to her mouth, guzzling down the lush water, it tastes like heaven in this place, everything else is so humid and hot, the forest is starting to become almost as unbearable as the wasteland beside it as the sun continues to rise to a central position in the sky. Hopefully the worst will pass and after a while it will become a little cooler again.

Like the rest of this strange new world we've all been dumped in, this forest has also turned out to be quite odd...It's got pine trees and rotting logs, yet as I mentioned before, it's also filled with tropical plants.

It's like a hybrid, something that shouldn't actually exist...Yet here it is. Two types of forest, meant for completely different environments, merged into one.

Calypso raises her eyebrows, "What kind of talent? Do you have a knack for finding water, Greyson?"

He laughs, oblivious to her sarcasm, "Nah, I just have an ear for it."

Aysa chips in, "What do you mean?"

"I've always had pretty good hearing...But I believe that this environment has enhanced it." He explains. "For example, I can hear the beetle crawling up your leg right now, Calypso."

"Eww, what?!" She gasps, thrusting her leaf of water towards him before jumping up and dusting herself off, "Yuck! I hate this place."

I laugh inwardly, Oh Cali, get over it, it's just a bug.

She turns to me, "Cosette, seriously? Bugs suck, I just don't like them, alright?"

I shrug, well, I guess I've made my point, I certainly know what her talent is now.

She looks over at Greyson, "What do you mean?"

He laughs, "I didn't say anything!"

"Uh, yeah. You did."

"I just thought it." He explains.

Calypso looks completely freaked out right now, "Was there something in that water I just drank, have I been drugged?!"

I shake my head, No, it's your talent Cali. You can read minds now.

Her eyes widen, "What."

"It's kinda creepy, isn't it?" Aysa adds, finishing off her leaf of water, "Now you can hear all our thoughts!"

Calypso takes a deep breath and leans back against the tree again, Greyson hands her back her water.

"So, you're telling me, that our talents have been enhanced, or something?" She asks, still a bit shocked.

She's not really taking this well, on the other hand Aysa seems completely fine with the theory, she hasn't really said anything that would make me think otherwise. Then again, Aysa comes from a circus, surely she's used to things being out of the ordinary.