You Lose

This is ridiculous, it honestly is. If I want to be top dog I should be allowed that. How can these sexist ass hats ever think that I, an Alpha would chose to be anything less of being in control.

It's unnatural for me to play a docile role to any man. My own father rarely ever bothered with trying to control me. I listened to him out of respect.

These Elders... I don't respect and I'll tell them so when they make an appearance.

To even the matter we find ourselves on neutral ground between our two packs.

A field that belongs to no pack really, Come to think of it I don't think I've ever been here.

J shifts sitting back on his hind legs waiting for me to do the same. I stick up my middle finger before shifting.

Our packs watch on in anticipation. Neither side seems comfortable with what is about to happen. Danny is no where in sight which makes me feel a little hurt.

The least he could've done was give me some encouraging words or something.

J makes the first move, beginning to circle me and I follow suit baring my teeth.

He flinches as if he is going to run towards me to psyche me out. It doesn't work, I stand firm not in the least bit fazed.

He is really going to try and intimidate me? Get real.

Sick of his screwing around I bound towards him snapping at his face but missing when he slinks out of the way of my teeth.

His ears flatten as the fur on his back rises. Nooow you want to be angry.

He comes for me knocking me over so he can stand over me. I snap my teeth irritated nicking his face with my paw.

He yelps jumping back dragging me by my tail. It's my turn to cry out before kicking him away.

All I need is one solid pin.

Any hesitation he felt about this clearly gone by the way his attacks come faster and harder than the last.

He is really trying to make me submit, good fucking luck.

I thought I was going to go easy on him but fuck that.

J comes for me again but I move just in time. He slams into a tree and I take the opportunity to gain the upper hand.

I take his neck in between my teeth biting down hard enough to hurt but not hard enough to kill.

Tap out tap out tap out. I plead silently feeling him go slack beneath me.

He falls limp to the ground heaving in and out trying to breathe. His style of attacks are exhausting. Always powerful never a moment of real thought.

No patience. Tsk tsk not a good way to win.

He shifts looking up at me smugly. I touch my nose to his in a truce before skipping away to celebrate with my pack.

My body hurts! I need an ice bath and a drink.

I get home to be greeted by my pack applauding and congratulating me on a flawless victory.

Why do I feel so shitty.

I should be ecstatic that I won but instead I feel sad. This isn't how I wanted this to go. I'm not sure what I wanted to happen but not this.

I trudge up to my room stripping out of my clothes throwing myself on the bed sinking into my covers.

I should've left my pride at home. I don't feel happy about the situation, I feel bad I embarrassed him in front of his pack. No one would've looked down on me for losing. Jayden however, what if his pack decide he's unfit to lead? Why didn't this cross my mind before!?

"A lot on your mind?" His muffled voice makes me jump. I lift the covers from my face to see J kneeling by my bed.

"I should've let you win." I admit patting my bed. He climbs in cuddling me close.

"Please, I thought this was what you wanted. I let you win." He scoffs kissing my temple.

I smack his face sitting up, "You did all of that just to let me win!? Why not just tell your damn Elders to suck it?"

"This seemed like more fun baby girl." He shrugs.

"I could punch you right now." I grit out. "Here I am feeling shitty and you let me win."

"That's what you do when you love someone, you make sacrifices. Honestly letting you win would be the only way you could stay my equal."

Makes sense.

Laying back down he rests his head on my stomach. I smooth my hands over his face where I slapped him.

"What if your pack think you can't protect them because you didn't beat me?"

He kisses my belly looking up at me, "They know I let you win. They've seen me in action. They like your spit fire personality, how bad would it look if I beat up my mate? Pretty fucking shitty if you ask me."

"Yeah but your elders?"

"They live secluded, to them I'm worthless but who cares. My pack is behind me and you're beside me so I could care less how they feel about the way things played out."

I shake my head chuckling, "I love... The way you think."

He sighs kissing his way up to my lips, "I just love you. Even if you are stubborn."