02

Out of My League
FITZ AND THE TANTRUMS
❝ You are more than just a dream. ❞

Delilah's first day of school. She would be attending Mystic Falls High with no recognition of anything. No friends whatsoever, no guide. She was a lone wolf this day. When she packed up her school necessities, the brunette began on her way towards her bus stop. The ride was fairly boring and long, considering she didn't know a soul that sat on the bus.

As she was dropped off at her new school, she sighed in relief and smoothed down her attire, and took a good look around the place. Embrace it, Delilah. You're going to be stuck here until college. Her first observation was a group of cheerleaders that stood along each other's side, huddling together as if they were penguins. Her second was the football players who wore their uniforms and were about to head out to the field. Delilah could obviously tell she was in for one hell of a ride here. But her main goal for the day was to meet at least someone, just someone to hopefully made the day go by faster.

First hour... History. How boring. When she entered the classroom, all eyes were on her. Was she late? She sure hoped not. That would not be a pleasant first impression on both her classmates and students. Delilah hesitantly glanced over at the clock that hung over the professor's desk. The teacher turned away from the chalkboard, and Delilah caught a glance at his name that was written neatly on the board. Alaric Saltzman.

"Everyone, I would like to introduce you all to a new student that will be joining us. Delilah Amor...?" Alaric squinted down at

"Amoretti," Delilah cleared her throat.

"Right, Delilah Amoretti. Please do give her a nice, warm welcome. You can sit anywhere you'd like." The girl glanced around the classroom, noticing a dark pair of eyes staring at her, which sent a quick shiver down her back. A very handsome boy with dashing, dark eyes and short, black hair. While Delilah searched for an open spot that was not beside him, she failed miserably and sighed mentally.

"Any day now, Miss Amoretti," Alaric said to her, a hint of impatience in his tone. Delilah nodded and walked over to the open desk behind the boy whose eyes continued to follow her every movement. She set her bag by her feet and pulled out her pencil and notebook. The first day of history went by smoothly since there wasn't really much to do.

Delilah hurried out of class in an attempt to avoid the boy that looked at her intensively before class started. When she shut her locker, Delilah nearly had a heart attack when someone's body stood only inches from her. The boy that was looking at her earlier in class.

"Can I get you anything?" She asked.

"No," he replied.

"Alright..." Delilah turned on her heel and began to walk off, shaking her head in confusion.

"Wait," he called, causing her to turn around. The boy caught up by her side and folded his hands neatly into his pocket.

"I'm Tyler, by the way," he introduced himself.

"And I'm not interested," Delilah answered underneath her breath. "Now quit following me before I decide to pepper-spray you."

"Aw, come on. I aim to please the eye. Have I not done my job yet?"

"Whatever you say," she replied and took another step forward. Tyler mimicked her moves.

"Are you going to just follow me around or something?" Delilah crinkled up her nose in pure annoyance.

"Tyler, leave the poor girl alone," a voice called. Tyler glanced over his shoulder and she followed his gaze until her eyes landed on a handsome male. He contained deep, piercing forest-green eyes and set off an intense and mysterious aura upon Delilah. She immediately felt captivated by his charms and she didn't even know his name yet. How odd.

"You're literally no fun," Tyler whined.

"I know. Now leave," the boy, now known as Stefan, demanded with a small smile. Tyler walked off, and Delilah watched him.

"Thank you," she said in relief.

"Not a problem. I'm Stefan. Stefan Salvatore, by the way."

"That I do, that I do," Delilah replied with a soft laugh, "I'm Delilah Amoretti."

"You're the new girl, right?"

"That I am, I'm assuming you've heard my name around school and stuff," Delilah said with a smile and glanced upwards at the clock.

"Well, I should be on my way. I don't want to be late to class my first day," she suddenly said.

"What class do you have?"

"Science."

"Really?" Stefan's eyes grew wide with excitement. "Same here!"

"What a coincidence then, let's go."

As the two walked down the school hallways towards their second period, Delilah couldn't help but notice Stefan's pair of dark eyes staring down at her in admiration. Instantly, he knew she was the one. He knew the risk, but he had to know her.

___

Stelena reference at the end hehe