08

Gasoline
HALSEY
❝ Low on self-esteem so you run on gasoline. ❞

Three months and two days in the town of Mystic Falls. Delilah had been counting the days ever since she arrived in the town. She honestly hadn't expected to have been there for the amount of time she was. Things took a turn for the better as well as for the worst. Delilah's grades seemed to have dropped little by little the more time she spent with Stefan and her sleeping schedule was whack. The two could have spent hours on the phone every night. She loved the sound of his voice, but she couldn't help to be ashamed of herself for spending so much time with Elena's man, so she tried her best to keep everything under control as much as she could.

However, the closer they got, the more Delilah and her aunt became distant... As well as Stefan and even Elena. Her aunt wasn't around much. Either working or just not at home. They would always come home at different times. They missed each other too much. She would always wait around in her room with a cup of hot chocolate, listening to the clock on the wall tick and its hands move.  Aunt Loretta whenever she would come home late. "Work" always seemed to be her excuse, but Delilah could sense in her tone that she refused to tell her about her true whereabouts for a specific reason.

The one thing that brought immense joy into her life despite how things were going at home was Stefan, and oddly enough, she managed to bond a bit more with Damon whenever Stefan was gone at practice and he'd be at home instead. Delilah received a call that Friday evening from Caroline that she was planning to host a party at Stefan's place. Upon hearing his name, she couldn't possibly turn it down. Though Elena would, for sure, be there as well. Although she had been in the place for a while and had met people here and there, she still felt the need to "put herself out there." Plus, it was a Friday night. What better thing did she have to do aside from staying home alone until her aunt came home?

//

Delilah pulled her car up to the large Salvatore Mansion about an hour or so after the party commenced. She pulled the keys out from the ignition and made her way to the door to be greeted by a very happy, probably drunk, Elena who nearly stumbled out the door as she opened it. Delilah caught her fall by the arms and helped her gain stability, letting out a laugh as Bonnie joined their side with Matt. Matt Donovan. The only other human from their friend group.

"Hey!!!" Elena greeted.

"Hey... Is, uh--" Delilah didn't want to ask for Stefan from his girl, so she thought of the second name that immediately popped into her head. "Damon here? Or did you drunk people manage to scare the poor grump away?"

"He's in there... somewhere," Matt said with a scrunch of his face.

"Present right here, actually," a voice said. Delilah glanced up with a smile as she saw Damon peer behind the three at the front of the door. "I heard my name?"

"Oh yeah. Delilah wants you," Elena said, nudging Delilah's arm. "I'm going back inside." Bonnie and Matt followed behind her, and Damon leaned himself against the doorframe, gazing into Delilah's eyes.

"So, you want me, I see?" He questioned with a small grin. "How bad?"

"Not at all."

"Sure."

"Keep telling yourself that," Delilah scoffed and gestured for Damon to let her pass through, which he did. She stepped inside the large home, taking a look at her surroundings. "I never thought you allowed many people in here."

"Well, neither did I, but Caroline has her ways with Stefan, I guess," Damon answered with a shrug.

"Speaking of Stefan... Is he-- here?"

Damon furrowed his eyebrows and took a quick look behind his shoulder, then back at her. "Nope, don't see the guy."

"As if you really looked. Are you sure?"

"He actually left before the party began, but since I'm nice, I stayed just for you."

Stefan left? Delilah couldn't help but let her mind linger. Did he leave because he knew she was coming? Did she do something?

"Oh."

"Don't worry. I'll keep you great company while he's away. Drink, little D?" Damon asked.

"Will you quit with that nickname? And yes, please."

"No thank you."

Damon led Delilah over to the drinks where he poured himself his normal glass of bourbon and Delilah filled a red cup with vodka. She sat on the living room couch with Damon for a while, talking while filling up her cup again and again... then again. Her emotions eventually met their peak and she felt overwhelmed by everything. She couldn't have known at the moment that it was the liquor's effect on her that caused her to act in this manner and pour her heart out to him. She was completely drunk.

"I mean, why did he leave? Did I do something? I did something, didn't I? Am I that bad? Oh my gosh. Elena. Elena probably thinks I'm---" She babbled out whatever words came out of her mouth with a small pout as they sat on the couch together.

"You did nothing of the sort, I can assure you that," Damon reassured and sank into the couch, wrapping her into a side hug.

"Now relax and calm down, you drunk."

What happened next was a complete blur, but Delilah found herself close to him, probably a little too close. Her intoxicated breath was nearly on top of his own. With his hand resting on the back of her neck, they ate each other up. As Damon tasted her, they repositioned their bodies with his hovering over hers. His lips met her neck as he ran his hand down her side, pulling her leg up to meet his hip.

Delilah's eyes fluttered shut as she let Damon play with her body below his. He scraped his teeth over her skin, but he was careful not to harm her. His hand snuck its way back up, his fingers running over the top of her jeans. She wrapped an arm around his back, feeling up and down his spine, still in a complete trance to everything that was going on around her.

"Oh my god. You two!?!" a voice disturbed them and Delilah found herself flinching back into reality, practically pushing Damon off of her. He fell back next to her with a chuckle as he ran a hand through his hair. Delilah cleared her throat and wiped herself down to look up and see Caroline in front of them.

"You two?!" She pointed at both of them in disbelief. "Why didn't you tell me?!"

"No, Caroline. We-- we're not," Delilah stuttered.

"What a bold thing for you to say," Damon answered, being his normal self. "Too bad Blondie here interrupted. Any woman would have died to spend a moment like that with me."

"Damon! Oh my God! I can't deal with this. I need booze," Caroline answered and rolled her eyes. Once she parted, Delilah turned over to look at Damon who had his head resting on his hands, leaning back with a smile.

"Did you seriously just joke about that, Damon? Do you not realize what just happened?"

"Of course, I did, little D."

"Stop with that. Do you mind telling me what happened?"

"Hey! You were the one all on me, to begin with. I don't blame you, I know you couldn't help yourself. I know how irresistible I am."

___

dt minttu <33 I love you