09

Somebody Else
THE 1975
❝ You're intertwining your soul with somebody else. ❞

"Hey, Delilah. Do you need a ride home? Are you sure you're sober?" Elena asked Delilah as the party began to die down and people started to head out. She shook her head with a small smile, gathering her things as they met up at the front door.

"No, you don't have to. I am sober, Elena. Plus, I drove myself here anyway."

"Maybe I could get Stefan to be a gentleman and walk you to your car?" Elena replied with a wink.

Delilah laughed under her breath at that. "Thank you. I appreciate your efforts, Elena, but Stefan is honestly the last person I wish to deal with after-- you know... Damon." Obviously, Elena was the one Delilah went to first immediately after what happened between her and the Salvatore brother, and she hoped Elena would keep her mouth shut about it.

"Y'know, Delilah... If you were to want... I support you two," Elena said with a shrug, hinting at Damon.

"Alright, Elena. Alright," Delilah replied sarcastically. "See you Monday?"

"Or maybe sooner," Elena replied with a wink, earning a chuckle from Delilah.

"See you later, Lena."

//

As Delilah walked slowly from the mansion to her car in deep contemplation. She didn't remember much, but she did remember that she was super drunk, and she hooked up with someone she never once thought she would in her life. It amazed her how everything happened so quickly. She knew people tended to do things they regretted when they were drunk; she knew people didn't think straight. However, Delilah did know the reason behind her worrying about Stefan. She did care for him, more than she wanted to admit it. She didn't mean to get with Damon, it just happened.

As Delilah drove home slowly in shame of what happened, she realized the time. She promised to be home hours ago. She hoped her aunt wouldn't be too upset. Letting out an exasperated sigh, Delilah turned the corner towards her street. Approaching her home, she noticed all the lights were off which could only mean one thing. Her aunt wasn't at home.

Delilah stepped into her home, taking a look around the place. She didn't understand why her aunt had to disappear all the time, but she wouldn't be surprised if she were to find her at the local bar drinking her sorrows away over the fact that she had to shelter her niece and not a child of her own. Delilah dragged herself up the stairs and into her room. Setting her belongings down on her desktop chair, a bright full moon beamed in the pitch-black night sky. Delilah always admired the moon. She often dreamt of running away from it.

Before she could settle in, Delilah's phone rang. She groaned and emptied her bag onto the floor, too exhausted to attempt to search for it. Taking a glance at the caller id, her eyes brightened when Stefan's name was shown.

"So he lives," Delilah said into her phone and cracked a wide smile.

"Look down," Stefan's voice spoke back.

"Wh--?" Before Delilah could finish her sentence, the end of the line went dead. Since it was pretty dark outside, Delilah found her flashlight and peeked out of the window, spotting Stefan's figure standing outside below.

//

"So are we making this a thing... Or are we making this a thing?" Stefan commented happily, speaking about their nightly meetings on her rooftop as they two sat down in their usual meeting place. The full moon remained nestled in a few foggy clouds which engulfed it, setting off an exquisite aura.

"If we make this a thing, it's officially deemed unbreakable now," Delilah answered with a grin.

"Fine by me," Stefan said and laughed to himself. "Anyways... I'm really sorry about missing the party and all."

"Oh, pft. No big deal."

"Nah, I heard how it was, you don't have to pretend you weren't upset."

"Hey, I only kissed Damon because--"

"I wasn't talking about that... Wait, what? You hooked up with my brother?" Stefan said shockingly, turning to look at her with wide eyes.

"Well, sorta. Kinda. I mean... Yes. I --we-- did, but it didn't last long. Thankfully. Caroline stopped us before I would regret it much more than I do right now."

"Oh, wow... Well. How was it?"

"Why are you asking me this?"

"No reason!" Stefan held his hands up in defense in a manner as if to joke around. "Just want to know what you found in Damon, that's all."

"For your information, I don't find anything in your brother at all, Stefan. It just happened. I was drunk. I had to be that drunk to do something like that with a person like him."

"Then why did you?"

"You ask too many questions," Delilah sighed. "I was just upset I didn't see you."

"So... you resorted to kissing my brother?"

"I didn't make the first move, I promise, but I did kiss him back."

"Did you enjoy it?"

"I can't say I did, I got too lost in it all. The kiss meant nothing if it wasn't shared with the person I really wanted to share it with."

"Hold up. Do you like me?"

"What makes you think I'm implying that?"

"C'mon, Delilah. I know you like the back of your own hand. It's okay."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. It's okay."

"Elena?"

"She knows."

"She--uh--what?"

"We fight about you all the time. We've been on the outskirts for quite some time now. It's okay, Delilah, really because... I like you too. Way more than I let myself admit."

"Really?"

"Elena was also upset that I didn't show, she wanted it to be the night I confessed and everything too. She tried to push me and push me to do it."

"Oh, really now? So you chickened out?" Delilah laughed, nudging his shoulder.

"Leave me be, I'm sure you would've done the same, you wimp," Stefan chuckled, nudging her back.

"Well, thank god I got that off my chest, or else--"

Delilah was cut off as Stefan moved his mouth to meet hers softly. Repositioning himself, Stefan leaned in much closer, his cold hand resting on the side of her neck. Delilah melted into his touch, allowing herself to instantly return the kiss with her own passion. The coldness of his hand sent incredible shivers down her spine, and she loved that. 

"You talk way too much, you know," Stefan whispered to her as he pulled back with a small smile.

"I'm going to pretend I'm not offended," Delilah answered, leaning her head against his shoulder as he pulled her into his embrace.

"Sensitive too."

"Oh, just be quiet and admire the pretty moon."

"I'd much rather admire you instead, but that works too."

___

dt MINTTU again <3