Hate Mail (Fluff)

You hold back the tears as you scroll through the all too familiar tweets you receive on a daily basis.

'Sebastian is too good for you, you don't deserve him.'

'Why does Seb even like you? Have you looked in a mirror lately? #fat #ugly'

'Is she paying him to be her boyfriend? #noonewouldchoosetoloveher'

'Why don't you just hurry up and die so someone else can have Sebby? Lol'

You and Sebastian had be dating for two years and had moved in together roughly 6 months ago. That was when his fans knew it was getting serious and started to send hate mail to you, both online and offline. You'd always ignored any hate but lately you were getting so much of it, it was hard to avoid.

Eventually, it gets too much and you throw your phone across the room. The floodgates open and warm salty tears stream down your cheeks.
Bassie hears the thud and comes up to check on you.
When he enters he sees you lying face down on your shared bed, sobbing into your pillow.

He rushes to your side, placing his hands on your shoulder blades.
"(Y/n)? What's wrong?"
You let out a strangled sob and look up at your boyfriend. His eyebrows are furrowed and his face is painted with deep concern.
"I-it's just me being stupid." You manage between sobs. "I'll be f-fine in a few minutes."
He sits you up, cradling you in his chest.
"Well then, you can tell me in a few minutes."

Sticking by his words, he simply holds you as minutes pass. He rocks you every now and then, or runs his fingers in a soothing motion over your back or arms. When your outward cries turn into nothing more than subdued sniffles, Sebastian grips your shoulders and pushed you away slightly. He holds you so that you are still sat on his lap, but are now forced to look at him. You briefly look into his worry clouded eyes before looking down to the bed. After all, you most likely looked ridiculous right now, with puffy eyes & a snotty nose.. what a snivelling mess!

"Darling, look at me, what's wrong?"
You shake your head at him.
"(Y/n)." His tone is demanding and you can't help but look back into those dreamy cerulean eyes.
He moves his hands from your shoulders to your cheeks, cupping your face so you could not turn away once more. His thumbs wipe the tears from under your eyes, and then gently caress over your cheeks. "Please tell me."
"It's my own fault," you start, sniffing slightly.
His face softens, relieved that you're talking to him. "But I ended up reading through the hate comments on my Twitter." You avert your gaze, feeling ashamed of yourself. After all, Bassie had told you multiple times not to read such negative stuff, it would eat and eat at you and then they'd eventually get what they want and you'd leave him. He was terrified of this happening, so he tried to shield you from the darker side of his fan base. However, they always found a way to get through.
"I've told y-"
"I know! But that's all my Twitter feed is now!" You interrupt him, the sadness quickly turning into anger.
You pull away from his grasp and stand up. "You're so ugly! Bassie would be much better with me! Why does he love her?" You mimic the comments. "It gets me feeling unsure of myself and I start to wonder these things too! It's hard to avoid feeling insecure when people are constantly giving you reasons to feel that way!"
Tears sting behind your eyelids, threatening to continue their ascent down your face.
Bassie stands up, cautiously. You give him a glare; a non-verbal way of telling him not to come any closer.
He abides and stands across the room from you.
"They're jealous (y/n). They're jealous of your beauty. They're jealous of your good-nature and smart, witty comments. They're jealous of what we have. And they're jealous that out of everyone, I want you. You're the only girl for me, and they can't handle that I love you and only you."

That does it. The dams break again and tears are flowing freely to the floor below you. However, this time it's not sadness. It's not anger, either. The passion in his voice brought out the immense feeling of love you have for this man and suddenly you're crying tears of joy.
"(Y/n), I'm so sorry, did I say something wrong?" He begins to step closer then seems to stall, unsure of whether if he was to continue he'd anger you. You look up at him and he is shocked to see a smile on your face.
"I love you so much, Bassie." You croak, and he swiftly envelopes you into his arms. You cry into his chest for the second time today and he just stands and takes it as he always does, gripping on to you like he's going to lose you if he lets go.