Chapter 4 I'm sorry

You look around to find someone to talk to and see if they knew anything at all about where you were or how to get to Adelaide. When you really thought about it Adelaide seemed a bit too good to be true but if there was any chance at all at getting home you would take that chance. You leaned against an open area of wall and looked at the festivities around you and heard a somewhat young male voice talking to you. "Hello ma'am." You turn to see a young looking pumpkin man he didn't exactly seem childish or old. "Oh.. Uh Hello." You say to him. "You're a very lovely looking young lady, but aren't you a bit early..? To join us?" He asks. "J-join you? Uh n-no me and my friends-" you were motioning towards Wirt "Were j-just-" "Leave Pottsfield? Who wants to leave Pottsfield?" You hear an elder pumpkin yell. The whole building then stops and turns towards Wirt. You give him a worried look as you then notice one of the pumpkins closing the large doors. Everyone surrounds Wirt and Greg enclosing them in a circle. You get worried and begin to find a way to escape when the pumpkin who had talked to you before grabbed your arm and his grip was deathly tight. "Now hold on everybody. Let's not jump to any conclusions." A huge pumpkin said. "Whoa.." Wirt says. "What shall we do with them?" Another pumpkin says. The pumpkin who grabbed your arm begins pulling you towards them and eventually pushes you through the crowd and to Wirt and Greg. "I've found another one." He says and pushes you. You stumble forward and would've fallen if Wirt hadn't caught you. You stand up, staying close to Wirt feeling safe just standing near him. "Now let's see here children. How did you end up in this little town in the first place?" The huge pumpkin asks. "We were trying to get home..!" You say. "Y-Yeah! W-We were in the woods when we saw your farms and your town and thought: Hey! There's a normal place with normal people!" Wirt says. "And me and Wirt stepped on pumpkins!" Greg exclaims happily. "Y-yeah! And we heard the music from the barn.. And well we... Uh... H-How about we just go.." Wirt says stepping back to you. The pumpkin laughs, "Now let me get this straight. You come to our town, trample our crops, interrupt our private engagement. And now you want to leave." He says. "Uhh... Yes." Wirt says. "You'll never convict us! You have no proof!" Greg yells, stomping his foot. "This one's trying to escape!" A pumpkin says, stepping forward with Beatrice in his hands. "Let me go! I don't know these clowns!" Beatrice yells. "Children.. It really does sadden me that you don't wish to stay with us.. Well simply because I must punish you for your transgressions." The huge pumpkin tells us. "Wirt I told you we shouldn't go in here!" You yell at him. "So by the order of the Pottsfield chamber of caution(is that what he said? I couldn't really understand what he said)I find you guilty of trespassing, destruction of property, disturbing the peace, and MURDER." The big pumpkin says. "M-murder?!" You and Wirt say. "Heh no not murder, but there's other crimes and I sentence you to... A few hours of manual labor. "What what?" Wirt says. "Really?" You finish. You, Wirt and Greg then went to the fields, raking, weeding, planting, and plucking away. At one point Wirt lost his hat to two Turkeys to which you  calmly walked over and pulled the hat off of the one Turkey's head. Eventually they had you digging holes, In which you helped Greg dig a hole while Wirt dug his own while talking to Beatrice. You listened silently to their conversations until you uncovered something.. It was.. A human skull?! You screamed and fell back. "What?! What is it?!" Wirt yelled, trying to get out of his hole. "I-It-It's a-a-" You stammered. "A skeleton!" Greg says as you move out of the way to show Wirt. "Okay! Okay I was wrong I was wrong all along!" He says to Beatrice, "Uh u-use your beak to pick the locks or something!" Wirt tells her. "Oh-ho! Now you want my help?" She asks. "I-I don't WANT your help I-" We then heard a trumpet sounding and the pumpkin people walking our way. "Yes! I want your help now hurry befo-" "Time is up!" The pumpkin tells him. "Have holes been dug?" "Uhh y-yes." Wirt tells him. "Well splendid! Now y-" "But no!" "But no?" "Y-yeah you know we were digging and we saw there were rocks in our way and you guys don't like rocks right?" Wirt asks. "Well no I suppose we don't." The pumpkin replies. "Wirt what are you doing?!" You whisper to him. "I'm distracting them, just go along with it." He whispers back and continues to ramble on about 'rocks' being in our way. Beatrice flies over and tells us to run. We hop out of the hole and begin running. You ran as fast as you could, well as fast as you could in heels anyways. We hid for a moment in the grass behind Wirt and noticed those pumpkin people were really Skeletons before walking to a nearby tree waiting for Wirt. Beatrice got Wirt to finally get out of that hole and you watched as he ran towards you. "A-are the following us?" He asks, out of breath. "No" We all answer. "I-I thought you guys-" "You're Welcome." Beatrice says, cutting him off. "Th-Thank you.. I guess we're even now, you're not honor bound to help us anymore." Wirt says crossing his arms. "I wish. But you weren't actually in any danger with those weirdos." Beatrice says. "Oh yeah! You still have to help us get home!" He exclaims I crossing his arms. "I got it! I wish Wirt jr. had fingernails so he could play the guitar better!" Greg says. "Sooo.. Yeah I'll bring you guys to Adelaide. I mean I'm already going there anyways." Beatrice says. "Why are you going to Adelaide?" Greg asks. "I guess In my own way I'm trying to get home myself." Beatrice says. "Deep." You say jokingly chuckling a little to yourself. "That's vague.. What do you mean by that?" Wirt asks. "I don't have to tell you anything." Beatrice replies. "Well.. I sure hope Adelaide is more help then that woodsman guy was. His instructions were... Not very good.."