Chapter 8 To Adelaide!

Before I begin the story, and I know it's odd for me to have this at the beginning but I feel obligated to apologize for all the late day updates, school has been a hassle, applications and everything have been stressful and this story is literally one of the things that I do that make me feel like there's not a worry in the world. So, I apologize and here's what you came here for!

"Whoa...your whole family? Is that why you're going to Adelaide? To fix this?" Wirt asks Beatrice. "That was the plan... But.." She sighs, "Yup.. That was the plan.." She seemed like she had something on her mind that she felt guilty about but you didn't want to pester her the way Wirt was. "It'll all work out.." He tells her. "All I know is that I'm never going back until I make them human again, I'd do pretty much anything." She says looking away from him sadly. Wirt turns around and sighs, "Alright.. I guess it's my turn huh? Ok.. Well.. It's weird to admit it.. But... I... I have this crush on this girl." He says quickly. "Mhm..?" Beatrice questions. "That's all.." Wirt tells her. "That's all?!" She asks him, sounding disappointed. "AND I think about her a lot and I play clarinet..." He says, seeming so embarrassed. "Wirt! You've gotta be kidding me!" She says, still not getting the responses she wanted. "AND I secretly whisper poetry to myself at night..." He finishes off. "Wait, you've never even told that to me!" You say to him. "Oh...uh....whoops?" He says shrugging his shoulders. You roll your eyes and let Beatrice talk, "Wirt, that's not weird that's just- well the poetry thing is weird.. But those are just character traits," Beatrice flies out the hole as Wirt moves something aside allowing you and him to climb out. "So you play clarinet?" She asks him, "Sorta.." He responds, almost tripping over the thing he had moved. "What else do you do?" Beatrice asks him. "I-I don't know.." He tells her. "He writes constant poetry about Sara." You say, a small hint of jealously in your tone. It was barely noticeable though. Wirt blushes and says, "H-Hey.. Does this room look.. Different..? To you?" He asks you two. "How So?" You and Beatrice ask "It seems more of like a French Rococo style." He responds. "It doesn't seem fitting of Endicott's Georgian sensibilities." He finishes. "What? Who am I even talking to right now?!" Beatrice asks him. "What? Am I not supposed to know this stuff?" He says chuckling. "Anyways, Endicott's probably just built it without thinking." Beatrice says. "Or!- Whoa.. Yeah, what if the ghost he was talking about was actually-!" He stops himself and his eyes widen. "Maybe.. We should go look for them." You suggest. "Yeah.. Let's go." Beatrice says as you look for Greg, Mr.Endicott, and Fred. You came upon a strange scene when you found them, a lady and Mr. Endicott had passed out. You stood next to the lady, seeing if she would wake up while Wirt stood near Mr.Endicott. Mr. Endicott woke up a minute before the lady did, you helped her up as Wirt asked Mr. Endicott if he was alright before he saw the woman and hid behind her bed. "What do you want with me Spirit?" He asks her. "Spirit? But, you're the ghost!" She replies. "M-my lady.. I assure you that I am flesh and blood! And I..I welcome you to my home." He tells her bowing like a gentleman. "YOUR home?! Good sir! You're in MY home!" She tells him."Impossible!" Mr. Endicott yells. She leads us to a garden with walls covered in vines to which she goes over to one of the walls and moves away the vines to reveal a plaque saying 'Margueritte Grey Tea Co.' "And this is MY Camellia garden for MY tea company!" She explains. "Margueritte Grey! Well with all-do respect madam this is MY tea garden!" Mr. Endicott says before walking to the opposite wall pulling away vine to reveal a plaque saying 'Quincy Endicott brand tea' "Quincy Endicott!" Margueritte exclaims. "Your guys' mansions are so big, they're actually connected." Wirt explains. "So you mean that.. Beautiful ghost was just.." "That dashing spectator was just.." "My business competitor?" They say in unison before kissing. Quincy bids us farewell as he gives Greg one penny, and Margueritte does the same. Meaning we had gotten the exact amount of change we needed without having to steal from anyone. Fred decided to stay behind and become an official tea horse. And we left, off the Adelaide. "Hey Wirt.. You did good back there, you've got a lot going for you." Beatrice tells him and they smile at each other as they then realize you running over to Greg as he throws the two pennies he had gotten into a well in the front. "Greg! No! Why did you do that?!" You ask him. "Because Uncle Endicott pegged me all wrong, I've got no sense... No sense at all.." He says. "How are we gonna get to Adelaide now?" Wirt asks. "I'm sorry to say this but it looks like we're going to have to sneak onto the Ferry." Beatrice says. "Yeah. Unless we can miraculously find two more pennies we're going to have to sneak on." You say. "B-But we-" Wirt attempts to say "Wirt, we have to do something right? We can't go back there and tell Endicott, hey we need more money. And I doubt there's anywhere else to go to get money. "...I suppose you're right.." He says, giving up. I knew he would be trying to avoid getting in trouble at all costs. But here we were breaking rules left and right, it never felt wrong though, it just felt like survival. Wirt held onto reality too much in this world, tried to apply everything he was taught here but it wouldn't work out that way for him. You felt bad at how he was ignorant to this fact. But there was no convincing him to give up on trying to rationalize everything. It would be best for his sanity if we got home as soon as possible. We need to make it, To Adelaide.