Chapter 7 A moment Alone, almost...

"Yes! Tea! That's my trade! Quincy Endicott's health tea!" He says. "Your tea sounds good!" Greg tells him. "Oh, never touched the stuff myself." Quincy tells him. "Yuck! Me neither." Greg says to him. "Haha! Yes! It's only for the money!" Quincy says while rubbing his hands together and pulling his legs up into the table, into his food. "Yes, takes my mind off my troubles, the deep, SOUL CRUSHING loneliness, the more money I get, the bigger my mansion gets, the more lost I feel! It got so big sometimes I don't know where-- or who-- I am! Haha!" He says. "Well it's good that your- Nephews.. Could visit you." Beatrice says. "Ah.. Yes! But.. Who is this then?" He asks pointing to you. "I-I'm... Uhh..." You stutter. "Wirt's girlfriend!" Beatrice yells. You and Wirt flush bright red and look away from each other. "Ah yes! Well it is a perfect pleasure to have company! A perfect pleasure! Yes! A perfect pleasure!" Quincy yells and hops up on the table dancing with Greg. "Uh..Beatrice.. Why are you pretending that we're his nephews? And..that (Y/n)'s my girlfriend..?" Wirt asks Beatrice, his face still red. You wondered if he in fact did like you back, but brushed that thought away just assuming he was embarrassed like you. "We need money.." Beatrice tells him. "! You're scamming him?!" He asks her. "I was thinking more of, flat out stealing from him." Beatrice says, shrugging. "Wh-what?! No! We're not stealing from him!" He tells her. "Why not? We already stole a horse!" Beatrice says pointing at the horse. "That's different, he's a talking horse. He does whatever he wants." Wirt tells Beatrice. "I want to steal." The Horse says to Wirt. "What?! You guys are crazy!" Wirt responds. "Wirt.. I have to say I'm with Beatrice and Fred. We need 2 cents to get onto the Ferry to Adelaide's pasture." You explain. "What?! H- wait.. 2 cents?" Wirt asks "Yeah." Beatrice says. "Come everyone! Let's retire to the parlor and enjoy my unnecessary excess of wealth!" Quincy yells with Greg riding on his back. "Well... Maybe he just has some loose change laying around that he wouldn't mind us taking.." Wirt says, giving in. "Mhm, mhm." Wirt and Fred say while nodding their heads. We then go into the parlor with Quincy and Greg. Soon Quincy explained of a 'Ghost' he saw; Greg, Fred, and him left to go investigate and see if he really was just insane. You checked around every little nook and cranny, but to no avail. This man didn't have any money lying around. Beatrice nearly knocked over a vase which Wirt caught then knocked over himself with that big hat of his. "Have you guys found ANYTHING yet?" You ask. "Nope, nothing" Wirt says. "And we should try to refrain from breaking anything else.." "Look who's talking.." You say, pointing to the case he broke. "Hey! I-" We then heard a tapping noise, "They're coming back! Hide!" You say and hide in the closet with Wirt and Beatrice. You listen against the door and heard the tapping stop. "I think the coast is clear, we should-" "Start looking for change!" Beatrice says. "But we should-" "Look for change!" She demands. "Ok.." You say and start searching the coats. "They don't have pockets.." Wirt says. "Check the lining, it might have money sewn into it." She says. "People still do that..?" You ask. "I used to do it in my clothes." Beatrice mutters "You wear clothes? What do you wear? Like a little bird vest? Heh.. Or little bows or something?" Wirt asks. "When I was a human fool!" She says to him, clearly annoyed with his ignorance. "You used to be human..? Did I know that? I don't think I knew that.." Wirt says, you roll your eyes at him. You had a feeling Beatrice wouldn't WANT to tell him anything about her past which you already knew. "Jiminy cricket! Let's just look for change!" Beatrice says to him. "Open the door.." Wirt attempts to open the door, but it doesn't budge. "It's stuck..!" You say. "Well I guess that means we have to spend some quality time together." Wirt says. "SOMEONE HELP!" Beatrice calls out. But of course, no one answers. You lean against the wall, "Well isn't this just... Peachy.." You say. You hated small confined spaces, especially if they were dark. You placed your hands on your face and groaned, the only person who had know about your fear was Wirt because you two shared everything with each other. You gripped the sides of the closet and breathed heavily, trying not to pass out. "(Y/n)? Are you alright?" Wirt asks "NO! I WANT OUT! NOW!" You yell. You hear Wirt walk towards you; you then feel him grab you and hug you. "It's alright we'll find a way out." He tells you and rubs your back gently. You loved how he knew exactly how to calm you down in a stressful situation. "So.. Beatrice.. How did you become a bluebird?" Wirt asks Beatrice, letting go of you but keeping you close. "Hey what's that?" She asks, walking over to something she noticed. "Don't avoid the question." Wirt tells her. "There's a breeze coming from here!" She says, you look over to where she was and noticed, she was right! You crouched down and pulled away the panel. "It's a secret entrance!" You exclaim and crawl through, it reveals a small room. "So.. About your dark secret." Wirt says to Beatrice. "Hey how about we talk about your dark secrets?" She asks Wirt. "No, my secrets are too secret." He says to her. "Hey look! Light!" He says, "Thank god.." You mutter. "Oho! Who's avoiding the question now?" Beatrice says. "You." Wirt says to her. "Fine! I threw a rock at a bluebird and it cursed me and now me and my family are all bluebirds!" She says to him.

And I'm going to stop it there at 1000 words. It just seems so perfect to end it at 1000. Anyways school is kind of making me tired and I'm sorry this went up so late but I made a promise. And since I already know how the story will end there should be no area where I get writers block. And if you're wondering, this book will have a sequel. It will be about what happens after all of this. It was an idea I had while writing this story! Anyways Imma go. Bye bye!