Chapter 7: Reckless Hearts

LATE AFTERNOON (They slept all day)

The first thing that came to his befuddled brain was that he was tired and his body ached even after several hours of sleep on a bed. In spite of all that he felt rather warm and pleasant. He wondered for a while why that was as he gradually slipped back into consciousness. A bird chirped outside his small window and he yawned hugely. He made an attempt to stretch but found himself somewhat confined. He opened his eyes a crack and was found that he had a view of blonde hair and smiled, then flushed for he remembered when they had found him naked and he'd had to lie... again. "Arthur..." He murmured as he untangled one of his arms and reached up to thread his fingers through impossibly soft locks. He wasn't sure what time of day it was or how long they had been asleep like this.

Arthur was half sprawled across him. His larger frame took up most of the small bed. His whole life had been spent sleeping on small beds so he was pretty used to it but Arthur wasn't. He was surprised that Arthur was still there. He was surprised, but most certainly not unhappy. "mmm." Arthur murmured breath warm against his throat. "You're awake." He lifted his head and smiled. "Bout time."

When Arthur smiled at him Merlin felt his stomach do little flip flops and his body tingle. That smile, that perfectly beautiful morning smile was his favorite type of smile. It was a sort of vulnerable one that came just after the groggy effects of dreamland, "Hi," Merlin grinned and mock scowled. "You're heavy. Shift over."

Arthur smirked. He reached a hand up to Merlin's cheeks and playfully turned up the corners of his lips. "You aren't even mad. Besides, there's nowhere to shift to. This has got to be the smallest bed in Camelot." He grumbled. He shifted a little but any move he made would have him tumble off the bed. At any rate, he was actually feeling rather pleasant in this position. He had Merlin trapped underneath him and there was no way anyone would be able to take him away. "You can't be mad at me, you love me. I heard it. No take-backs allowed."

"That was an absurd moment of weakness or I wouldn't have added to your huge ego. I assure you, you're still a Pratt." Merlin smirked and nipped at the finger that caressed his lips. "A HEAVY Pratt. And.." He whimpered as Arthur rolled against him and caused his already warm body to flare up in a certain location.

"And you still love me anyway." Arthur gave a gleeful little chortle. "Admit it, Merlin." His finger trailed down Merlin's cheek and neck. He found a nipple, teased it and delighted in the way it caused sweet little sounds to come from the back of his lover's throat. He took the nipple between his teeth and sucked on it, an action he was sure contributed to the shudders that began to ripple through Merlin's body. "Say you love me, I want to hear it again."

"Pratt," whimpered Merlin affectionately. "How can I think when you're doing that?"

"That's the idea." Arthur countered. He went to work on another nipple. Before they had gone to sleep the night before he had dressed Merlin in a nightshirt for his dignity. As he was tugging it out of the way, it ran across his mind that the excuse Merlin had been given for being utterly nude when they found him was the most incredibly lame one he'd ever heard. Merlin hadn't even had under things on. "I should have left you naked. It would be more convenient that way."

Merlin flushed. "Did Morgana really see me like that?"

"Yes."

"Why are you thinking about Morgana when you should be thinking only of me, right now!" Arthur wanted to know. He rubbed little circles up and down Merlin's side, tickling a little.

"Only thinking of you, I promise... ahhh..." Merlin stifled a giggle and squirmed. "Stop it!" His lower lip trembled and he clutched Arthur's shoulders.

The squirming made certain areas of Arthur's body tighten more than they already were. "Damn seven kisses! I need to kiss you freely." Please Merlin. He didn't actually beg but his eyes burned with need.