2.) The Offer

Tony walked back to the coffee shop in complete shock. Could Loki really be as innocent as he is making himself seem? Should he warn his teammates? No. They would probably want to kill him. He shook his head as he walked up to the counter. He had ordered just a black coffee. While he waited for his drink he casually looked out the window to see Loki pacing back and forth, wringing his hands together. He looked genuinely distraught. Once Tony had his drink he found a bench close to Loki to sit at. "You ok now goat horns?" Tony smirked. He really wanted to feel bad for Loki but there's still a part of him in his subconscious that won't let him. Loki looked at him with sad eyes and nodded. Loki glanced at the empty seat next to Tony to ask him if he could sit there without actually speaking. Tony got the hint and nodded in approval. Loki half smiled a fake smile and sat down. He let out a deep breath as he say down. The more he was around Tony, the more anxious he got. He really wanted Tony to trust him, not that he would. But not sure how Tony could react to his existence on Midgard he was nervous and weary. Loki bounced his legs up and down and fiddled with the hem on his shirt, not bothering to look up. "You gotta pee or something Reindeer Games?" Loki hadn't acknowledged him. "You do know there's a bathroom inside the coffee shop right? No need to hold it." Tony let out a small laugh. Loki glared at him.

"No but I'll be sure to let you know if I do." Loki shot him a dirty look.

"Chill, sorry was just a joke." Tony rolled his eyes, he was so overly sensitive about things. Loki took another deep breath in.

"Sorry Stark. I'm just, I don't know how to handle this. I hadn't expected any of you to even acknowledge me. I know I have done wrong, to the Midgardians, to you and the other Avengers, my brother, my family. I hardly even remember the attacks on the city. I don't even feel like that was me. Not that you will believe or trust me but if it makes you feel any better I have paid my price for it back in Asgard." Loki shuddered. A wave of panic set in, and it took everything he had to stay calm. Tony was starting to feel some remorse for the god. That's probably where that shiner came from. He wondered what else Loki had endured for punishment back in Asgard.

"I'm learning to trust you. You seem genuine." Stark admitted. Loki nodded. "What are you doing today Lokes?" He was trying to make conversation. He wasn't sure where he had gotten Lokes from, but it fit. Loki looked at the ground, with a sad, dazed out look in his eyes. Tony punched himself in the face. Loki had just explained to him he had nothing, no one, nowhere to go. "Never mind." Seconds of silence went by, seeming like hours. Tony had an idea, if Loki really was changed he wanted to help him get on his feet. "Loki, hear me out for a second." He looked up, and nodded. "I don't know how I will even get the other avengers to get in on this, if they don't threaten to kill you... There are plenty of guest rooms in Stark towers... Maybe you'd want to stay for a little bit? Figure some things out? It could do you good for a nice shower and a warm bed to sleep in..." For being a hard ass Tony could be kind.

"I could never ask that of you Stark. I've been nothing but foul and wretched to all of you. I deserve this." Loki balled his hands into fists again.

"Look goat horns, I wouldn't offer if I thought you deserve all of this. You seem to have changed, we all deserve second chances and I'm not going to let you live in the streets. I don't know what you went through in Asgard but I'm sure as hell I'm going to make things better for you here. At this point I'm not taking no for an answer." Tony raised his voice. Loki looked startled and didn't know what to say. "So, follow me?" Tony got up from his seat reaching a hand out to Loki and smirked. He stood up and shook it gingerly almost a little too long and he awkwardly pulled it away after a few extra long seconds. Tony laughed. "Come on Reindeer Games, let's get you a shower, you reek."